"Yay!" I laughed a little this time, finally allowing myself a little bit of relaxation after everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks. "Oh, by the way. I was told to give this to you if I saw you. I kind of forgot about it until now." He handed me a backpack he must have put in the car when he loaded a bag of his own clothes from another house we stopped at awhile ago. 

 I looked at the bag, and it was a little grey school backpack with a brown leather bottom, that had a Jansport logo on the front. I couldn't wait any longer, as patience wasn't ever my strong suit especially when it came to things like this, so I opened the bag and looked around at the contents inside. There were envelopes with what I assumed was letters inside, I looked at the names and saw Damon, Ethan, Caroline, and one with no name.

 After I looked at the names on the envelopes, I looked inside to see the items that were still in the bag. There was a brand new sketchpad with a set of already sharpened drawing pencils attached to it which I pulled out to see if there was a name, with no such luck. I saw a black leather jacket, that I immediately knew it came from Damon. I finally saw a picture in a small brown picture frame, the picture inside was when me and Ethan had taken Davina out into the Bayou in New Orleans. The sun had set and you could see the starlight bouncing off of the lake. The picture was of Davina and I, she was practicing control over her magic and making all the leaves in the area fly around our heads like a mini tornado. I didn't even realize Ethan had taken this. I had concluded that the sketchbook had most likely come from Caroline. 

 I decided to read through the letters, and started with Caroline's.

   Emily, 

  I know that I probably shouldn't be writing this letter, as I'm not nearly as close to you as the others are, but somehow I feel like you'll enjoy it either way. When I found out that you had lied about a couple of things from Damon, I didn't believe it. I couldn't believe that someone like you, someone who was able to see past my a-okay facade, that would go out of their way to make the mask real even though I could tell that you were doing the same thing, would lie about yourself to, from what I've heard, your best friend. But then I kind of realized that Damon probably wasn't the best resource, especially after he got bit. I asked Ethan about it, since he decided to stick around, and he explained that you were only doing it to protect them, and all of us. That got me thinking, about everything we talked about that day at the shop, about how I found out that you never break a promise, and hate lying. I thought about how you told stories of the past and laughed like it happened an hour ago. I thought about the look in your eyes when you had told me about the day you and Damon met, and I realized that you are probably the most loyal person on this planet. Though I may not be the top person on your list, you have my forgiveness, and in time you will have Damon's as well.

 From your new, and very loving friend,

    Caroline

  P.S. I didn't know what to get you, and asked Ethan. So if you don't like the sketchbook, It's not my fault!

 I laughed a little, and honestly felt happy that she had forgiven me. Next I read Damon's.

  Em,

 I am so sorry. I know I overreacted, and I know that I was an ass. I know that if you were here in person right now you'd probably say, "Oh my goodness, is Damon Salvatore apologizing?!" and we'd laugh about how it was a moment of weakness. I can't blame you if you don't want to be around me anymore, I don't want to be around me either. I know that there is almost zero chance that I'm ever going to see you again, even if I do make it out of this town alive, you'll be with him and I'll be here. I also know that Stefan is going to be with you, and if you have any shred of care for me left in your body, than please, Emily, Keep my brother safe. I am writing this insanely fast, so I can get this bag to Stefan's old safe house that I know he is going to stop at to get clothes, don't ask me how I know, I just know my brother. I wish I could say more, but I honestly don't know what else I could say. I just hope that someday you forgive me.