Chapter V - Don't Try Suicide [Part II]

Start from the beginning

Leila let a soft scoff out and looked at her arm, she’d been so close. So close to finally being happy. She sighed, looking back at Dean. He walked over with thread, a needle and gauze. He sat beside her, putting the medical supplies down. He gently took her arm, Leila bit her lip while wincing. Dean bit his lip as well, “Sorry, this might hurt.” He whispered.

He raised the needle, trying desperately to thread it. “Damn it…” He mumbled. “Sam usually does this.” He continued attempting until Leila reached out and took the sewing supplies from him. She threaded the needle and handed it back to him. “Your fingers are smaller than mine…” Dean justified, beginning to slowly stitching her arm up.

Leila bit her lip, turning away from her arm. She couldn’t even watch herself get immunizations at school, and that was only a syringe. One simple puncture of her skin. The stitching was multiple punctures made her sick just thinking about it. She closed her eyes, turning her head not being sufficient enough for her.

After a couple of minutes, Leila stopped feeling the small prickling on her arm. “Alright, you can look if you want.” Dean said, he took the gauze and carefully wrapped her newly stitched arm. “You’ll need to look at that in a week or so and see whether I can remove the stitching or not.” He diagnosed.

“Thank you,” Leila said, looking back at the elder Winchester. She gave him a tight hug, not even thinking about the action before doing it.

“Um, you’re welcome,” Dean made an awkward face, not used to having arms around him. He clumsily wrapped his arms around her. After a couple of seconds, they pulled away. “Now, I need to know.”

“Yes?” Leila asked.

“Hot chocolate or tea?” Dean asked with a small smile.

*****

Sam drove back to the hotel. He knew the roar of the Impala well, but rarely did he ever drive the old car. He pulled the car into the parking spot in front of their room and got out. He closed the door behind him. Leila was sitting on the couch, drinking a mug of a warm liquid. He saw Dean at the stove, waiting for a kettle.

“Dean?” Sam began, frowning.

“Keys, now,” Dean said, looking at his brother.

“What?” Sam asked, looking at Dean and meeting his eyes.

“Keys, now.” Dean repeated, sounding stressed and stretching his hand out.

Sam tossed Dean the keys and Dean pushed his backside off of the counter. He caught the keys and grabbed his jacket, looking to Leila.

“Okay, come on, kid,” Dean said, slipping his jacket on and walking out the door.

“Um…” Leila got up quickly and put her mug of hot chocolate down. She gave Sam an awkward look over her shoulder, he proceeded to nod and allow her to go. She closed the door behind her, trotting behind where Dean had gone. “Dean, what are we doing?” Leila asked.