Chapter 15: The Psychiatrist

Start from the beginning

One more hard yank and I heard a snap, her windpipe.

Her body went limp, so I released her, removing the rope.

I hopped onto her bed, tossing the rope over the ceiling fan and tied it tightly. When it was secure, I dragged her body up, sliding her neck into the loop again. Her body hung heavily, rotating just a bit. I fixed the sheets on the bed to make it appear as though she had never lied down.

Such a shame.

I slipped out of the room and shut the door behind me. She would take the fall for me and I would walk away cleanly. I could laugh, I could genuinely laugh. Giddiness was filling up my whole body. I was too good at this. How had I not discovered this side of me before? It just took a little pushing to do the trick.

I slipped back to the dormitory and into my bedroom to lie down. Victory was washing over me. Nurse Drucker was dead and now, I just had to kill Trent Marner to leave the old Doll Collector for last.

But I couldn't wait, now could I? No, the adrenaline was pumping and now was the time. I rolled back onto my feet and grabbed a syringe from my bedside. It's how the Doll Collector subdued his victims. A little GHB never hurt anyone, except his victims of course. But I would have to go a different route. Trent Marner needed to be killed and not just subdued.

With the syringe resting in my pocket, I left my room and headed down the hall onto the porch. The night air was brisk and whipped against my face. I pushed past the sting towards the hospital. It was just about getting to that time of the year, when I wouldn't be able to go running around in the middle of the night without catching my death. My adrenaline was in full swing now and propelling me forward. I could taste it. The insatiable desire to kill was becoming too much. My body was tingling with anticipation. Trent Marner would finally die. He would no longer be able to hurt anyone else.

That would be my gift to his only son.

Once I was inside the hospital, I casually made my way to his cell block. It was called The Lair. Every serial killer had one, so when it began to fill up with these cretins, it picked up the name. Suitable, really.

There I was, inside The Lair. I passed each room, refusing to look into the little window until I stopped at his. His door opened easily, revealing him to be lying on the bed. He was on his back filling his four walls with heavy snores. I could probably just wait it out and he'd suffocate himself.

I grimaced lightly as I quietly crossed the room to his bedside. They were always so angelic when they slept. It was the only time a man was innocent. Same for serial killers.

He'd brought a terrible misfortune over his own family and destroyed the lives of the girls he ate. I thought back on the photos in his file. He'd roasted their skin, flayed them like steak. The one image of the child being prepared like a pig haunted me. Their families would never be whole again. I would never be whole again after seeing that.

My hand slid into my pocket wrapping around the syringe. Out of all the serial killers that had walked these halls, he was the worst one. I hadn't been here long enough to make that statement but never in the hospital's history had there been a child killing cannibal. Cannibals yes, there was always a cannibal in a place like this, but one that would prepare children the way he had, never. It was destroying the nation; it was the top story on every news outlet.

The hospital was being put on the map knowing that we were housing two of the nation's most heinous serial killers. Even more so that the familial link had been discovered. This was a favor to the community. He escaped the death penalty, but he was getting my death penalty.

This too, would rock the nation, but maybe it would soften his blow.

His neck was perfectly exposed, so I didn't waste any more time and stuck the needle through his skin.

He jerked only slightly at the prick. I stood by waiting for the drug to take effect. His snores were suddenly cut short and his hand slapped against his chest where his heart was. His eyes shot open as his heart gave its last beat.

His breathing softened until he was just a dead body in his bed.

Hi guys! Man this week was so hectic. I had hella assignments due for the next two weeks until the semester ends. I spent like 5 hours editing a project yesterday.

How was this chapter??

Any more guesses on who the killer might be?

I watched Bad Samaritan yesterday, it's SUCH a good movie. Love it. Even more because the main character is Irish and I love love love the Irish.