I made some Chamomile tea with honey and set it next to him with some medicine. I smiled as I watched him drink it all down and then make funny faces as he was taking the medicine. 

He set the cup down and then looked at me. "Let's go now."

I nodded, stood up and rushed after him. Dang, even a fever didn't stop him from walking so fast and always being a punctual workaholic.

I grabbed his hand, and he looked back at me, surprised. I have to admit, I was surprised too. I normally wasn't this clingy and wifey.

He allowed me to hold his hand; however, and so hand-n-hand, we walked to the car. I never let go of him during the car ride, and we stayed like that until it was time for us to depart to separate offices. 

"Oh, Mrs. Vasilievna, you look stunning as usual!" Laureli exclaimed when she saw me, and she walked me to my office. 

When we were far from Alexander, she said in a low voice, "There's been another delivery."

I nodded and quickly opened my office.

A gorgeous orchid stood in the middle of my desk, in a white pot. It was a deep orange color, with red stripes running on the petals. I had no idea who it was from but I fell in love with it immediately. It was absolutely stunning!

I rushed over and admired it for a few moments and then noticed the card. I opened it.

To the most beautiful girl. 

Sleep better tonight. 

I frowned. So, I guess this secret admirer or secret stalker or even if it was just Alexander, they knew about me having a little bit of trouble falling asleep this night.

I threw away the card, but I couldn't just throw away the orchids. I began to work.

A knock on the door interrupted me from my email reading, schedule-making, chart-making, and other various projects.

"Yes?"

Alexander opened the door and I immediately stood up. 

"What did you want," I asked, walking up to him. 

He frowned. "Maria... where did you get that orchid from."

Darn, darn, darn he saw the flowers dang and what if he didn't even send them and he thinks I am having some affair or God, how do I proceed??

"Uh.. they are from... Laureli." I said, and I said a silent prayer to God to thank him for not giving me a blushing tendency.

"Laureli?" Alexander raised an eyebrow. 

"Yes. It's a women thing. Sometimes, for no reason, we just like giving each other little, simple gifts to remind each other of God's many blessings and friends." I explained. I said a silent prayer to God again for thanking him that he gave me a good habit of not making it obvious when I lie.

I reached my hand to Alexander's cheek and sighed. "You still have a fever."

"Yes, I know. Let us go home and eat. I need a little rest." He said as he took my hand. 

I smiled and immediately followed him out to our car. This time, he was the one holding my hand and wouldn't let go of it. When we walked into the house I made him lay down on the couches and went to make some tea and medicines.

By the time I brought it all back to him, Alexander was sleeping.

I frowned. 

'Well... he does need the sleep since his body will heal while he's sleeping, but if he has medicine in his body while he's sleeping, his body will heal way faster.... but if I wake him up then he might not fall asleep again...'

I stood there for a solid couple minutes as I contemplated what I should do. 

I decided I'd wake him up because he'll eventually fall back asleep and right now he needs the medicines.

"Alexander. Hey, Alexander." I nudged him and sat down on the corner of the couch beside him. 

I smiled as I thought about the situation; I had never woken Alexander up since he was actually very well trained on waking up with the alarm clock and we slept in different rooms... I'd never even seen his bedroom.

He slowly mumbled and then opened one eye and then the other. 

"Alexander, you need to drink some tea and take the medicines." I softly whispered as he sat up.

He took the tea and drank it up, as well as all the medicines I'd prepared. 

"Thank you, Maria," he softly mumbled as he lay back down and closed his eyes. 

I stood up and wandered to my room.

Sometimes I thought that he actually was a good, caring husband and that I was a good wife who took care of her husband and we were just a normal family... 

But I had to make sure that those stayed as fantasies in my mind. If I even started to hope that those fantasies would come true then I would be living a long and sorrowful life. 

I touched my stomach. For some strange reason, I felt a bit nauseous.  I stood up and went to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. Just in case.

On my way back, I walked past the living room. He was still sleeping there, all cuddled up in a ball. I sighed and with a gentle smile walked over to him and felt his forehead. He was warm, I think he was getting a little better. 

We had some blankets nearby so I grabbed one and covered him. I heard little snores coming from him and laughed to myself. 

Right now as I looked at him, that little fire seemed to start and warm me up a little. But then I would just think to the coldness of his personality and that fire would die instantly. I gave him a soft kiss on the forehead and left. I definitely still loved him, it's just I was worried he didn't feel the same.

I drank the tea and went back to bed. The nauseous feeling was still there. I rolled my eyes. 'Thank you, Alexander. Now I'm sick too.'

I rushed to the bathroom, and just in time. I stayed there for a good while but soon I felt much better and returned to bed. 

My clothes were thankfully still in mint condition so I would not need to change for work. 

~ ~ ~

We left back to work after Alexander woke up. He claimed he felt much better and would not allow me to make him anything, or check to see how high his temperature was. He sat me in the car and we rode in silence.

I was now checking through the emails when a random email popped up. I would usually recongize the address the email was coming from since we worked closely with many of the same companies, but of course, there were the cases when I didn't know the address.

I opened it.

Mrs. Vasilievna, 

It has been such a pleasure to get to know you. I hope the flowers sent have been to your liking. 

I realize that you do not see much of the world- in fact, I have never seen you out in the streets without your husband at the side. That is a shame, the world is filled with many, many wonders.

I realize the window in your office is your main connection with the busy New York City. At 19:00, look out your window for an amazing show. 

If you do not, well, let's just say I do know how to send gifts, and other things, for that matter, without a single trace. 

Of course, you know how these things end since you are an extraordinarily intelligent woman, but I will still state the obvious, 

Do not tell anybody about this message. 

Thank you very much, and I hope you have a great evening!

P.S. I hope Alexander Vasiliev is feeling better. I'm sure he is though because you have been nursing him quite well! It would be a shame if he got worse, for any reason...

I breathed. 

That's all I could do to keep my heart beating. I sat back, in pure and utter shock...

I had just been threatened by my secret admirer.