o. EXTENDED SUMMARY.

ARROW.
── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──
( extended summary. )

  CUPID MCLEAN HAS HAD it rough in life— which is hard to imagine, considering the shortness of it all

But, being orphaned as an infant (with only a singular brother and Aunt to show for your living family tree) is bound to leave anyone worse for wear. Especially when said brother refuses to acknowledge your existence— and your Aunt is later found dead under mysterious circumstances.

Still, in spite of it all, Cupid likes to think that there are worse things that could happen. She could be completely alone, with no one at all. But, an ice-cold brother is better than a dead one, and she's got friends with more than enough love to spare.

Or, more accurately, Cupid would have loving friends— had she made better choices in the prior school year. Looking back on it now, it's hard to imagine them sticking around. After all, Cupid McLean has a touch to turn everything to ruin; and her Aunt seems to be pretty solid proof of that.

No one ever said love was an easy game.

However, upon being faced with her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Cupid forces herself to make a promise. She wants to be better— less naive, less foolish, less blind. Cupid McLean wants to be good and strong, not just for the sake of her friends (who never turned their backs on her), but for the sake of herself as well.

She's not the same girl; so easily won by false notions of comfort and love.

So, Cupid holds to that promise, and she intends to keep it— until Hufflepuff's resident golden boy stirs up emotions that are all-too-familiar inside Cupid's poor heart. But, the past is something to learn from, and breaking promises may reap heavier consequences than Cupid could have ever imagined.

But, much to her relief, Cupid finds that schoolgirl crushes are the least of her worries. An anonymous figure has begun leaving clues unravelling the supposed mystery surrounding the death of Cupid's parents— and it implies that things regarding her family are not what they seem. With the truth dancing just out of reach, Cupid's life is drawn closer and closer to the edge of danger— threatening to drag her and everyone she loves down with her.

The thing is, who could possibly imagine tragedy being the price to pay for love?