Chapter 22

Nope! I thought as I bolted down the other hallway, the hallway the monkey wanted me to go. I ran until I was too tired to carry on. Leaning on a wall, panting, I asked the monkey, "What... the hell... was that?!"

The monkey looked away for a second before saying, "It's never safe in that hallway for humans. Nasty little buggers'll tear ya' to shreds if ya' get too close." You stared at the monkey with many questions floating in your mind.

Why that hallway specifically? How would he know it was that hallway, all of these hallways look the same! Why did he say that it's not safe for humans? Had any humans run into those things before. What happened? Something's not right. He's not telling me the whole story.

You let these thoughts go for now as you noticed that the yelling had gotten louder. You quietly walked to a nearby corner and peeked around it. There was a very dark hallway and you couldn't see through it very well. You looked around and confirmed that there was no other way but through that hallway. You didn't want to go back in the direction of those creepy toys.

Taking one more look over your shoulder, you stepped into the darkness.

Honestly, it means so much to me that people are enjoying my writing! It makes me so happy. :) I think I'll update every once in a while but you know how it is. Though, like I said before: this book doesn't die until I say it's dead. And it's not dead quite yet. ;)

The picture was me when I saw notifications of people actually still commenting and voting on chapters. It's a pleasant surprise after a tiring day of school. :)

p.s. Honestly, the picture is still me when I see people supporting my work.

p.p.s. Ahem, like graffitihound

p.p.p.s. Their fanfictions are actually really good and I recommend checking her out. :D