Chapter One

What's meant to be will always find a way. – Trisha Yearwood

Present day...

      A flash of lightening struck the ocean thirty feet above the surface. Garyn paused, her hands resting gently on Laius side. She breathe threw her gills trying to calm her unsteady heart. Zeus lighting usually never stuck during the day, unless he was angered. She gazed at the small corals waiting for the sea to remain as it was. Calm. The corals, the fish moved silently with the tranquil current. The ocean had its own rhythm, an echoing, pulsing murmur, but something was different about it now. Something was not right.

The ocean reflected her true nature, tranquil but with a certain monstrous nature. Thought the sea never changed, it was much like her.

-Are you alright, my lady?-

Garyn stared at Laius uncertain of herself. This was not normal for them. The ocean was never like this and it appeared that something was coming. That scared her more at the thought of such change. She hated changes. Hated everything.

-Liaus, take me to Athos cave. I must reunite with my sisters. – Liaus looked at her worryingly, but not a word was said as he turned his head away. They quickly began moving away from Aegean territory and into the depths of Athos. This was not something she wanted to do alone. She had received a message from Marion urging her to meet at their coven as soon as the full moon arises, which for her was an unholy night. That would be tonight.

-My lady, Marion will want something from you.-

Garyn knew that her eldest sister was a poisonous creature wanting only revenge for everything the Olympian Gods did to them. But she was tired of everything. She learned as the years went by that remaining unseen and unheard off was far better than bringing destruction to the sea. After all she was not easy to controlled.

- She indeed will.-

She felt uncertain; Marion never did summon her unless she wanted something. Her eldest sister was not the easiest to manage. She held quite a temper and her powers were increasingly stronger than the rest of her sisters.

However, as the fallen one Garyn was cursed and she came to learn the reality of the monster she had become. The seventh daughter was indeed the destroyer of immortals and her markings reveal the truth as well. She was the creature that would destroy the world and the gods.

A monster.

Garyn stared as the sea became darker as they approach Athos caves. Only Liaus light was illuminating the shadowy entrance. They passed silently thru the stone rocks watching everything in their path. She once came here at the request of Danielle the Undying One. She was the only one that thru the years taught her everything. It was true they all made mistakes, but they learned the cruel way to remain secluded from all mere creatures. No ties with the mere creatures or ever going near the Aegean Kingdome.

-We are here, my lady.-

Garyn turned her face slowly watching her surroundings. They had entered Athos Cave. She slowly let go of Liaus moving her fin towards the illuminating surface of the cave. It was brighter than she remembered. The years had not worn its beauty.

Garyn continue swimming slowly threw the cave looking as the passage became brighter with each time she came closer. The light the worms gave to the cave was beautiful; its passage was breathtaking as always. For centuries they resided in the cave, yet made it look like a splendid paradise to which she will never enjoy not even in death.