Chapter 36: Father and Son

Start from the beginning

You: A-cno-acnologia

You managed to speak.

He continues to walk.

You: Acn-F-father...

He slows down. The wide grin dissipates to a neutral stare, his mouth slight a gape.

You: Fath-father... stop thi-this...

Your voice was weak and raspy, but it was enough to get his attention. He stopped when he reached your body.

Slowly, he kneels down to your level. His black eyes were a lighter color.

A black ball of powerful magic appears in his palm as he leans down to you.

You: S-stop this...

He continues to lean down further until his face was next to your ear.

Acnologia: Kill her boy. Succeed where I failed.

His voice was quiet, he struggled to talk.

He pushes the ball of magic into your chest but instead of pain, you found warmth.

Your ribs snapped back into place. Your heartbeat was back to a normal pace. All the pain that took hold of you vanished in an instant.

Acnologia: This is my only gift to you brat. Use it right or else.

Acnologia collapses next to you. His eyes returned to normal as a pool of goo drains from his mouth.

You: Father... I'll kick her ass in your name...

???: Are you so sure?

You stand on your feet. New energy flowed through you. It was refreshing.

You: Yeah I'm sure...

You tightly clench your fist till your knuckles turned white.

You: I'll find a way to stop you... I don't care who you are... for what you've done... I'll end your existence! That is a promise!

Distant voice: YOU TELL 'EM (R/N)!

You: Huh? Who's that?

Five people and three cats rush toward you from the burning city. They were covered in ash  and scars.

You: H-hey guys!

You wave them down. The whole gang was there. Natsu, Happy, Wendy, Carla, Gajeel, Pantherlilly, Erza, and Ultear were sprinting at you without stopping.

Wendy: So nice to see you safe!

Erza ran faster than the others. She jumped at you and wrapped her arms around your neck.

Ultear: With all the commotion we thought you had gotten into troub-

Ultear cuts off midsentence as she sees Irene's and Acnologia's unconscious bodys.

Ultear: What happened...?

You: They were being controlled by some woman. She's been speaking to me in my head this whole time. I had to defend myself.

You look to Acnologia's body with a sad expression.

Erza let's go of your neck.

Erza: Wait so you took on both Acnologia AND Irene at the same time?

You: Technically no. I fought whoever was controlling them... although they didn't put up a long fight, they roughed me up pretty good.

Ultear: Acnologia gave you his magic didn't he?