Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

“Graduating from the British Academy of Forensic Science,” says the head professor, “Is Andrea Samantha Horan on the levels of three, CCSI, level six, CCSA and a degree in Forensic Anthropology.” Niall jumps out of his chair cheering causing Maura and myself to jump a bit; I don’t think I’ve ever seen him this proud in his life. Flashes begin to go off after Niall screams; which scares the audience. We were found by the paps even in the dark. I knew they were here, but I can’t believe they were allowed in here! It pisses us all off; who gives them the right to invade our privacy? Stealing pictures of our special events. I try my hardest to ignore them focusing on Andrea; she looks so beautiful in her dress; something she rarely wears. I think it’s only the third time I’ve ever seen her in a dress.

“Excuse me,” we all hear a young voice coming from behind Louis, “Mind if we take some pictures?” It’s a couple of younger girls.

“Of course not; it’s a special day for us after all,” Louis answers; sarcasm clearly being heard. Andrea, Eleanor, Maura and I all step back laughing because of how Louis reacts anymore.

“Andrea!” we hear being yelled across the room. “You never told me you were married to a pop star. I’m hurt; after all our mishaps in the lab and being lab partners for so long!” a dark haired guy laughs with Andrea. (The guy looks like Greg Saunders from CSI). He joins our group then throws his arms around Andrea. She freezes rolling her eyes. He seems like he’s drunk.

“Uh, Josh, hi, this is Colleen, Eleanor and my mother-in-law, Maura,” she introduces us stepping away from him.

“Hi,” we all greet him together; not impressed.

“Ah, the lovely Mrs. Styles and Mrs. Tomlinson. I've read so much about you two ladies. Mrs. Horan, can I just say your son is one lucky man? No wonder Andrea never fell for my charm,” he laughs. “She was married all this time, but I never noticed the ring? Why didn’t you mention this? And that you would be bringing them here? My lab partner is married to a pop star, who would have guessed? The stories I could have shared!”

“It’s kind of hard not to notice a ring like this,” Eleanor takes Andrea’s left hand showing it to Josh; clearly annoyed.

“And what if she told you? A juicy story to sell, wouldn’t it be?” I snap annoyed at him and the paparazzi.

“Calm down girls,” Maura tries to speak.

“This is where you run along and go play with your lab toys,” Andrea says sarcastically shooing him.

Later this evening we go out to dinner to celebrate at La Chapelle (http://www.galvinrestaurants.com/section.php/61/1/galvin_la_chapelle) at the celebration dinner the guys share some news with us; they will be announcing a farewell tour where they’ll sing all of their greatest hits. A tour taking them around the world. And we all get to travel with them; Eleanor, Kaitlyn , Andrea, Perrie and myself.

“What made you guys decide this?”

“I guess it’s just that there’s stuff we still want to do,” says Harry, “I’m still going to be involved with music, always. But behind the scenes. I think it’s time to call it a day while we still can.

“Same here,” Niall says, “I will write songs and produce music. But I also think it is time. Since Andrea and I got married, we hardly have time together with her studies and us finishing up that last tour was hard. I don’t want me children growing up too scared to go outside.

“Besides, Niall and I already bought a property five miles outside of Mullingar” Andrea shocks us all.

“What? You two are leaving us?” I ask upset.

“No one said anything about leaving. We’re keeping the loft in London, but when A and I start a family, we’ll be sure to move to Ireland.”

“Listen to you two being all grown up,” Liam teases, “Marriage sure has its perks.

For the next few days the girls and I decide to take some time out of our schedules to catch up while the guys are busy recording their last album for now. Perrie will still be continuing as a girl group member while the rest of us career women focus on ours. I even got back to working at the kennel. I missed it so much; and it was great to know my employees missed me. We all missed hanging out with our husbands, and now is the time to do it.

Tonight is the night before the album release party, so everyone is over for dinner and mine and Harry’s house. I go to the store to some stuff for the evening. But a few magazines have pulled my attention away from shopping. They’re covered with my wedding pictures and Andrea’s graduation. I shake my head knowing this will never end. I put both into my basket before I check out. The one with my wedding pictures even has an article claiming that my personal issues got in the way of the last tour; I don’t even know how that was figured out. If it’s even the real one. The other one has Andrea’s graduation and wedding pictures on the cover insinuating that Andrea forced Niall into marriage. I head straight home once I get in my car.

It’s around six pm when, as usual, Niall and Andrea arrive first; still as crazy in love as the last time I saw them. After Kaitlyn and Liam arrive the rest are shortly to follow. The guys are outside on the patio while the girls and I sit around the kitchen table; full glasses of wine in our hands. We chat up a storm like always; sharing secrets and of course teasing each other like sisters. They’ve all become my sister in the last couple of years, and we definitely have a close bond with each other. Every single one of them brings their own uniqueness to the friendships we share.

Perrie and I are definitely the backbone of the group. We take on the guys if it’s needed. Eleanor is the beauty with the brains; not that I’m saying that the other girls don’t have brains. Andrea was the supportive hippie; always putting others need in front of her own. She believes everyone has good in them. Stubborn at times and strong willed. A lover, not a fighter. Mention Larry and she is ready to go to war. El has always had a logical way of doing things, and she sure knows how to handle Louis. If I didn’t have Eleanor by me I don’t know how I would have made it through this summer. I know I have the other girls, but Eleanor really share something special. Kaitlyn is a sweetheart; I’ve never really seen her weak. Even with the drama that happens between her and the fans.

“I’ve got something to show you girls,” I say as I go to get the magazines.

“Colleen,” El whines, “I thought we talked about this? I thought you weren’t going to let the gossip upset you?” she grabs them from me.

“I know, and I’m sorry, but I had to share it.”

“Oh, that’s bullshit,” Perrie yells as she reads the article about me.

“Andrea, how dare you force our sweet Niall into marriage,” Eleanor teases as she holds the magazine for us all to see.”

“I don’t know El. Guess I was so insecure, and just wanted to get my hands on his fortune. Makes sense to force him,” she laughs.

“What’s going on in here?” Harry speaks as the rest of the guys stand behind him with concern looks on their faces.

“Girls, I thought we talked about this?” Louis says as he and Zayn take the magazines from us. Niall, Harry and Liam look at us shaking their heads while we all slump into our seats. Other than the magazines, the rest of the night goes well. Jokes and a lot of stories to share with a lot of laughter.

The girls are so cute! Everyone enjoying it?