1.8 | sun, sea & sand

+jeno pov

I ran down to the water with the other four boys, turning back to see where Jaemin and Renjun were.
They weren't far behind though, as they both came sprinting one after the other down the sand, clouds of sand flicking up behind them.

We stood, catching our breath, watching the rolling waves come crashing in and flowing back out.
Jaemin stood beside me, his shoulders against mine, rising and falling as he caught his breath from running down the sand.

I looked over at him, the morning sunshine causing his skin to glow, his chocolate eyes drinking up the sea view. His lips were parted and in a small smile of happiness and radiating beauty. His hair was blowing gently in the breeze, blowing this way and that, occasionally getting in his face causing him to shake his head and rub his face with his hands like a baby. Renjun and Haechan ran quickly past us in a cloud of sand, chasing each other and laughing loudly, sand flicking up and blowing into our faces. Jaemin coughed and tried to swat the sand away but it still made its way into his face and eyes.

He turned around and doubled over trying to cough the sand away, running his fingers down his tongue in a scraping motion to get rid of the taste of sand.

I laughed but rubbed my eyes when they began to sting from the sand that had been flicked up into my face.

I looked at Renjun and Haechan who stood watching us.
'Sorry!' They called in unison.

I narrowed my eyes at them and looked at Jaemin who stuck out his tongue.
I poked him in the arm and motioned at Renjun and Haechan. Jaemin nodded and we both took off sprinting after the pair.

Their eyes widened and they turned and began sprinting away.
'Get back here!' Jaemin laughed as we caught up to the two screeching boys.

We chased them up and down the beach before Renjun stopped and put his hands on his knees, breathing heavily.
'Okay! Okay! You win! I'm sorry!' He laughed in between breaths.
Haechan kept running but when he realised that nobody was running after him he did a little jump to turn around, stopped and mimicked Renjun is doubling over for air.

We all collapsed into the sand trying to catch our breath as Mark, Chenle and Jisung came walking over from looking at the calming waves roll in.

They didn't say anything but simply shook their heads and laughed.

After we all caught our breath, I got up and began to walk along where the sea met the land, trying my best to avoid getting my shoes wet. When I turned around I saw the six other boys following me in single file. I laughed before turning to face the horizon and gaze out at the sea scape.

There were a few shells and pebbles dotted around our feet so naturally I decided to pick up a pebble and throw it as far as I could into the water.

'I bet you I can throw mine further.' Jisung said as he joined me at my side, bending down to scavenge for the perfect pebble.
Once satisfied, he stood up and rolled his shoulders back and forward to "warm up" before throwing the pebble as hard and as far as he could.

I have to admit, he did throw it far, but not as far as me.
I turned and laughed at him in a joking manner before the others decided to join in.

Soon, what began as me throwing a pebble into the sea, became a competition to see who could throw the furthest.
Naturally, I won. Everyone else was useless. Even Chenle, who came last.

Seeing that Chenle lost, Mark took it upon himself to push Chenle towards the sea and Haechan then grabbed Chenle around the waist, lifting him up and walking into the damp sand with him. Chenle squirmed and shrieked so much that Haechan had no other choice but to drop the younger on to the sand.