'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs

Start from the beginning

The remainder of the class went by at a leisurely pace. She talked and talked and talked and only with five minutes left in the class did she finally decide to give them their homework for the night, which the lesson barely covered anyway. Before anyone could leave, even after the bell rang, she took her sweet ass time handing out the tests they took the day before. And the other teacher's wondered why some students, the ones who didn't have lunch next, were late.

Students rushed from the class the second they got the "okay" to leave and practically dove into the moving crowd of people who emerged from the other classrooms to avoid being late. His locker wasn't too far from the classroom, the main obstacle was the sea of people blocking the hallways. He'd have to shove people out of the way if he wanted to reach it within a decent amount of time but that didn't bother him. Not in the slightest.

"Hey man," someone said and threw their arm around his shoulder, which he instinctively threw off with more force than what was needed. "Rude."

Having caught a glimpse of who the culprit was, Katsuki instantly internally groaned and grinded his back teeth. It was the blonde dude and pink haired girl he saw with Shitty Hair the day he approached him. He hardly knew them but he could tell they were obnoxious by the way they talked and carried themselves. Too eccentric and overbearing.

What added more fuel to the fire was how they tried carrying on a conversation with him like they were lifelong friends just catching up. The blonde one snatched Katsuki's test from his hand and looked at the score with an impressed expression taking over his features.

"Damn, dude. Nearly perfect huh? You should tutor Kirishima, he needs it badly," the blonde said and passed the paper over to the pink haired girl who showed the same surprised look upon seeing the grade. She seemingly nodded in approval. He didn't fucking need their approval.

"Fuck off," he snapped in reply and snatched the paper away. There would be no way in hell he'd ever tutor Shitty Hair. "Leave me the fuck alone before I drown you in your own piss."

They laughed. Laughed. And ushered him further down the hall towards the cafeteria. No matter how much many times he yelled and threatened them with violence, they kept talking and insisting that he just go with them.

"Stop walking around with a stick up your ass, dude," the blonde said, giving a disapproving shake of his head.

"You're going to have a stick up your ass if you don't leave me the fuck alone."

"Maybe if you asked nicely we would," Mina retorted. "But you don't seem to have a single nice bone in your body, huh?"

He still argued as they led him towards the back of the cafeteria to a table tucked away from the chaos at the center of the room. There sat Deku and Half-n-half, whose head was on the green haired boy's shoulder. That didn't surprise him one bit. Even when they were younger, Todoroki and Deku were extremely close to one another. It was only a matter of time before they would jump each other.

"You guys are gross as fuck," was the first thing Katsuki said once he got within speaking distance of them. Mina practically ordered him to sit but he was already on his way to plopping down on the grey bench.

The surprise that crossed Deku's face was also mixed with a hint of fear and happiness. Typical of him. "Kacchan!" he said after the reality of Katsuki being there hit him. "Long time no see yeah?"

"Fuck off," he muttered back, clearly not in the mood for any type of conversation with him. Deku always got on his nerves when they were younger. The damn nerd always followed Katsuki around during their years in kindergarten and he never knew the exact reason why. He speculated that it was out of admiration since Katsuki was naturally decent at dance from the start and Deku had tried only to discover he had two left feet, but even after Katsuki told him he sucked, the nerd still stuck around. No amount of insulting every changed that.