"Later," Lewis said, stepping away from Narco and sitting on his bed.

"Sunshine, I'm sorry,"

"It's okay... It's not your fault." Lewis said, guilty about making Narco cry.

"Are you okay?" Narco softly asked, holding Lewis's hand in his. They were too bony, sharp contrasts in the dips between each knuckle.

"I'm fi—" He thought about lying but decided to be honest. "—I'm struggling... but I'll be fine," Hopefully.

"I'll be there for you, 'kay?" Narco said. He pressed his lips against Lewis' hand.

Lewis smiled, pulling the artist towards him. He pressed his lips against Narco's, grinning into the kiss. He pulled the man closer, ran his fingers through the brown locks, tugging at them softly.

"Appreciate it," Lewis mumbled, pulling back. He gave a soft peck when Narco pouted.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." Lewis softly giggled as Narco attacked him with kisses. He missed this. He yearned for the feeling of happiness, love, contentment. And he wondered if his doubts were just that. He wondered if it was just a trick he had fallen for. It would've been difficult not to fall when the trickster was infuriatingly charming.

They stared at each other, smiles gracing their face as they basked in the feeling of love.

Silence was a thing to admire but it could turn infuriating, nerve wracking, suffocating in a few seconds.

Narco didn't know which of the three he was currently feeling as he waited for an answer. He glanced at twisting fingers, hooded eyes, chewed lips. He wondered if he'd ever get an answer, when Lewis spoke up, voice small: "I saw you with that guy... I thought you'd forgotten about me or I was— I was nothing to you." There was humiliation stark on his face, as if he didn't want to reveal his working, and Narco felt his heart swell with pride. "And sometimes it's hard to get out of your head and... I don't know, exist?"

And Narco did know how it felt, he'd cycled through that process since he was ten. He also knew Lewis didn't want him to vocally agree so he only nodded.

"It was my insecurity speaking, I— I'm sorry."

He knew Lewis didn't want a dismissal from him so he only kissed his temples and held his hands.

── *. • °. ☆ ° : • . * ☾ . •*. ° ☆ •.° : • *. ──

"Lew!" Daniel exclaimed, dropping his bag and running towards Lewis, who was playing with a spoon. Lewis glanced up, gasping when his body was lifted into the air.

"Ah, Dan," He softly laughed, patting the firm shoulders to release him.

"Sorry," Daniel muttered, bringing Lewis down and cupping the tired face in his hands. "I missed you!" He said, hugging him with care and gentleness.

Lewis patted the shaking shoulders and wiggled out of the hug. It made him just a little bit uncomfortable.

"Pa...?" Rose asked, eyes wide. She didn't even recognize her own father. That's how bad Lewis looked. "Pa!" Rose gleamed after she took a closer look. She ran to the open arms, squeezing him like a teddy bear.

"How was school?" Lewis smiled a genuine one.

"Good!!" She replied with an everlasting smile of hers. Rose looked around, searching for Narco.

"Were you searching for me?" Narco asked. She spun around and glared at him.

"Apologize to pa. Now." She angrily said, crossing her small arms across her chest. Her blue eyes glinted like unpolished, jagged sapphire.

"Oh, my lord! I beg for forgiveness! Please, have mercy!" Narco dramatically bowed, faking cries. She chuckled, Daniel gave a reluctant snort, and Lewis forgave the man.

"Eat and rest," Narco said, running his thumbs in circles on the pale cheeks.

Lewis sighed, "I d-don't want to eat..."

"Come on, Lew," Daniel rubbed his shoulders, smiling at his friend. Even though Lewis was unwilling, the three people he loved so dearly were smiling and waiting for him to take a bite of the oatmeal.

"I'll try," He waved them off. They stood to their ground, and waited.

Lewis internally rolled his eyes, knowing that he wouldn't have committed if they had turned back. He hated himself for it because people staring made him uncomfortable. He took half a spoonful of oatmeal, closing his eyes as he ate it. It tasted foul, like it wasn't supposed to be in his mouth. He felt blue eyes burning into him and he managed to push nausea aside to swallow. It felt wrong, as if he had committed a crime, broken unspoken rules, disappointed non-existent people.

"I'm proud of you," Daniel smiled genuinely. Rose beamed, cheering alongside Daniel. Narco's heart warmed at the sight. Lewis smiling, Daniel and Rose cheering him. Narco stood besides Lewis, asking if he needed anything.

Lewis looked at Narco, shook his head, a timid quirk of his lips following. He carried on eating the oatmeal while the two encouraged him, and Narco supported him. He couldn't finish it, of course — he was tired of chewing after three spoonfuls.

"Done?" Narco asked, Lewis nodded. He pecked Lewis' forehead and took the bowl away from flimsy hands.

"Yay!" Rose exclaimed, jumping up and down before giving her father a tight hug.

"Dan, you can go—"

"I'll stay and help Narco. Sleep," Daniel insisted. He asked Rose to change and come down for homework. She pouted but did as asked.

"A little bird told me my best friend was rude to my boyfriend." Lewis scoffed airily, sinking into the couch.

"I'm sorry. Just protective over my boy friend." Daniel laughed when Lewis scowled and shut his eyes. Narco glared at him, mouthing 'not your boyfriend'. He winked and went to the kitchen, leaving the two alone.

"I'll carry you to bed," Narco offered, shrugging. Lewis squirmed as he shooed Narco away with a small flick of his wrist.

"I'm independent," Lewis said, prideful, and tried to get up. He wobbled underneath the weight of his own body. Narco caught the frail man before he fell face-first on the floor.

"You sure?" Narco grinned, picking Lewis up and walking to the bedroom. Lewis blushed as he clasped his hands behind Narco's neck. "Cute," Narco muttered, opening the door with his legs. He laid Lewis carefully on the bed, scared that he would break Lewis.

"What happened to your job at the restaurant?" Lewis randomly asked. His mind was everywhere and he had lost his train of thought.

"Quit after that bitch of a manager refused to pay me." Narco nonchalantly said. His nose scrunched, trying to remember where the topic came from.

Lewis' expression soured. "No curse words. Rose is home. But they didn't pay you?" He asked, astonished.

"Yeah, not a big deal." Narco shrugged as he tucked Lewis under the blankets.

"Stay?" Lewis asked, giving his best puppy eyes.

"Sure," Narco smiled as he joined Lewis under the covers. Lewis laid his head on the firm shoulder and closed his eyes. He looked peaceful when he slept. The cute little pout, the damning perfect skin and features, inky hair that brushed Narco's shoulder.

"I love you, Sunshine,"

He was shocked to find that he really meant it. Not just a reassurance, not just a word without weight, not like the many times he had said it. It carried the significant weight of knowing his true feelings and all the implications; it frightened him but he'd be alright. He could handle loving someone.

A/N: Why do I stretch books out? What the fuck am I even doing?

18 chapters left and then this book will be over. Thanks for reading this shit book. Really appreciate the comments and votes. Hope you all can stick around for 18 chapters. Still surprised people read this book tbh.