Chapter 10

Okay so this probably isn't TRIGGERING per say, but it's very distressing. So yeah please don't judge me too harshly just YET. This isn't the end of the fic, just keep with me.

Trust me (And please don't kill me)

Bruce was pacing the floor, hands and jaw clenched tightly. It had been only 20 minutes since a meeting was called and Natasha announced that they had Brian Banner in a S.H.I.E.L.D. custody cell.

"Legally we can't hold him very long since he technically hasn't shown any malicious intent he only said hello to Lara, but we could insert a tracker into him." Natasha explained.

"I mean the trackers not legal either but we can get away with doing it." Clint finished with a small grin. "Spies y'know?" He grinned proudly.

"Maybe we could create an appeal, have him put back in in the psychiatric institution he was released from." Natasha suggested.

"He deserves to be put in prison!" Bruce stressed as he threw his hands up in a wild gesture.

"Hey." Tony put his hand on Bruce's shoulder, squeezing it just the slightest. "I know you don't like hearing it but calm down. We got him. He's not gonna hurt anyone."

Bruce breathed in deeply, moving away from Tony. "I'm gonna check on Lara. Tell her the news."

Steve nodded and clapped a hand on Bruce's shoulder as well. "We'll take care of things here. Go to your family."

"Yeah," Bruce muttered before looking up at Natasha and Clint. "Thank you."

The two spies nodded, Natasha gave a small smile while Clint grinned and bared a peace sign.

—————-

"So it's over?" Lara tentatively asked as she was encased tightly in Bruce's arms.

"For now, though l won't be satisfied until I know he's put away somewhere."

"And we can go home?" Lara run her hands through Bruce's hair soothingly.

Bruce squeezed Lara but nodded.

"And how are you feeling...?" Lara asked after a moment of comfortable silence.

"I feel..." Bruce paused, he pulled away from Lara to look her in the eyes. "I feel like I want to visit my mother."

Lara blinked in surprise but smiled softly and nodded. "Sounds like a plan Bruce."

So off they went, leaving Jason in Tony's trusted care and soon with a bouquet of beautiful flowers they were off, making the long drive to where she was buried. Lara enjoyed the drive, she always had enjoyed long drives as she tried her best to get Bruce to communicate his complicated and all but buried feelings as they walked in silence to Rebecca Banner's grave.

Lara stood a respectful distance away as Bruce approached the old and weathered headstone.

————-

"And that's reason 37 why Iron Man is better then Captain America." Tony said as he clicked a button, a new slide materialised from his holoscreen. He tapped the hologram with a long pointer stick. "Any questions?"

Jason blinked in wonder at the screen, as he sat, hugging his Captain Abearica teddy, clutching the star spangled bear to his chest.

"Okay good, now reason number 38-"

"Stark!!!!" Steve yelled as he slammed the door open, the loud crash scared Jason until he saw who it was.

"ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE!" If Steve wasn't a super soldier he'd be breathless from the length of the run he did. Tony's phone had remained on silent during his important presentation.

Tony gasped dramatically. "Steve you said a swear!" His voice was melodramatic. "I can't belie-" Tony continued but Steve cut him off.

"It's not Brian!"

"What?" Tony's eyes went to his brows and he became serious in an instant.

"It was an advance facial graft. It's not him! It was a set up!"

Tony's blood ran cold. "Where's Lara?"

————

Bruce spun around quickly hearing Lara let out a sudden sharp cry of pain, her scream sounded so painful Bruce wondered if maybe her water broke or she had a particularly painful kick.

His heart stopped at what he saw and in that moment he had been more terrified then ever before. His father stood behind Lara, a hand on her throat and a knife plunged into her protruding stomach.

"My-my baby..." Lara's voice was barely above a breath of a whisper as she tried to clutch her stomach around the knife, blood seeping only her hands and through her shirt. "Mmy baby!!!" Tears poured down her cheeks as she shook and blood seeped through her dress.

"l won't let your mutant filth be born! I should have killed you with your bitch mother!"