Chapter 3

"Bruuuce~" Lara cooed as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "Come cuddle with me?" She was feeling like today should be a lazy day.

Bruce gave a tight, regretful smile. "If l do that l won't leave the bed for hours and I really need to get back to Tony." He said as he continued to rifle through the draws in his desk looking for his notebook.

"Can't you skip it?" Lara pulled a childish face.

Bruce turned around, clutching his found notebook as he shrugged up his shoulders. "I-l really shouldn't. He can't start without my notes."

Lara drummed her fingers against the covers and stared at Bruce with a mischievous grin who in turn gave her an incredulous look. "Lara! I really do have to go-"

"Huuuulk~" She cut him off. "I want to cuddle!"

Bruce braced himself with one arm against the set of draws and released a low groan from the back of his throat.

When he looked up again he had vibrant green eyes. Hulk, now in control of Bruce's body looked at the notebook he was holding, then at the inviting image of Lara beckoning him towards her and tossed the book aside and strode towards her.

It had taken Bruce and Hulk a lot of adjusting and getting use to time sharing his body. Hulk wanted to be able to spend time with Jason and it was just easier in Bruce's body. While they still fought and in Lara's opinion often bickered they did their best to function together. Lara couldn't imagine what it was like to have to share a body after all.

"Banner is stupid." Hulk said as he crawled onto the bed, laying down and weaving his arms around Lara who laid on his chest.

"Don't call him that." She chastised lightly as she snuggled against him. Yes. This was good. This is what lazy Sundays were for. She could feel all the weeks tension fading away.

"He is." Hulk mumbled, of course Banner was stupid. Choosing his stupid science and numbers over having Lara in his arms.

"I don't let Bruce call you names. I won't let you do it either."

They spent the next hour or so in a comfortable silence and giving eachother soft caresses.

"Lara?" Hulk spoke up, hand carding through her hair.

"Hmm?" She replied softly, almost too engrossed in how relaxed she was to respond.

"Why... do you love me...?"

"Well that's a stupid question." Lara scoffed dismissively.

He flexed his knuckles, brow creased pensively.

Hulk was a being born out of rage and fear. Fire and hatred. So much negativity and consumed with darkness. No one wanted Hulk. Why would they when he could quite literally snap at any moment into an explosive anger, destroy anything in his path and have the capability to easily kill those he loved.

Lara placed her palms on his chest and pushed herself up to look at him. "The day you saved me was the day you became my hero. Then you came back, I got to know you and Bruce and..." She shrugged her shoulders. "I've never felt so connected to anyone." She rested her head back on his chest.

Hulk's eyes swept over their intertwined limbs, looking at the tanned skin of Bruce's body.

"What if," Hulk took a moment to try to find the right words, even though he could think clearer when he was calmer he still struggled sometimes to convey his thoughts. "What if we didn't, get along." The sentence was strained. "And I couldn't..."

"Shhh." Lara hushed him, knowing what he was trying to say. "If you two didn't figure out the time sharing system then we'd have figured something else out. If women can be attracted to sparking vampires and extraterrestrials why can't I be attracted to a giant green man."

Hulk felt a wave of what he now recognised as happiness roll through him. He was still getting use to the more positive emotions that because of Lara he now had the luxury of feeling. Hulk held her tighter and let the silence wash over the room once more. Nothing else needed to be said.