"The library is at the end of the hall, my study is next to it. There is an entertainment room, your private parlour and a relaxing room. Upstairs there are several bedrooms and a smaller library." He says as she comes out of the library a little in awe.

"Can we go upstairs?" She asks excitedly.

"Of course, this is your house." Jasper laughs.

Eliza dashes up the red-carpeted stairs, he follows behind her and directs her to the left.

"This is our room." He says pointing to a white door. Eliza grins and turns the handle.

The room is wide and a gigantic four-poster bed sits in the middle, there is a wide-open window that looks down upon an open field with the stables. Eliza walks over to the window where there are two chests either side. A gilded mirror sits above a wide fireplace with a small ticking clock. There is an open doorway to the left.

"What is in there?" She asks as she turns away from the window.

"Have a look," Jasper says, nudging her forward, she shoots him a confused look but complies.

Eliza walks forward, through the doorway into a side dressing room. Oak varnished wardrobes line the walls and a changing screen sits in the corner. There is a large vanity with a floor length mirror on the opposite wall.

"This is stunning." She cries running around the room and opening the grand wardrobes. Jasper leans against the doorway and smiles as she runs her hands over the mirrors and smooth wooden table. She turns in a circle and takes in everything from the lilies on the vanity and silver handles on the drawers. She walks back to the main bedroom and runs her hand over the smooth covers. Jasper follows her and waits for her to say something, she sits on the bed and smiles brightly.

"Thank you," Eliza says. "This house is lovely."

"You are welcome," Jasper says, he takes her hand and pulls her from the bed.

"Your things must be here by now. We should start moving things in." He says.

It takes all day to move everything in and by the time all of her clothes and accessories are in their new places, they are both exhausted and very hungry. The staff bring up some food and drink to have while they get ready. Jasper has pulled on one of his dark tail coat and suits, his brights eyes stand out against his dark hair and his sharp jaw.

"Are you going to tell me what you have planned?" He calls to Eliza as she changes behind the screen.

"No." She grunts as a maid tightens her corset, she feels it crushing her ribs but she grits her teeth through the pain. Jasper straightens his tie in the mirror, he fiddles with his cufflinks and pulls on a pair of shiny black dress shoes. Eliza steps into the dress and waits as the maid laces up the back. The black ribbon tugs the dress into place and highlights Eliza's petite figure. The maid finishes with the ribbon and steps back so Eliza can see herself in the mirror.

"Perfect." She says, "Thank you."

The maid scurries from the room, Jasper is sitting on the bed as Eliza comes around the corner. His eyebrows raise as he takes in her dress, his eyes travel up her bare arms to the black lace neckline that dips in the middle, he takes in the heavy red material with gold stitching that cinches in at her waist and billows out into a wide princess skirt.

"What do you think?" She asks with a secret smile.

"You look nice." Jasper coughs, a light shade of pinks stains his cheeks.

"I was worried," Eliza replies sarcastically as she waltzes back to the dressing room to the vanity table, she picks up a wooden brush and begins to tie her hair up. She sweeps her hair into a low side bun and uses pins to hold it in place, she loosens a strand of hair and it curls down the side of her face. She looks at the shallow base of her neck, she tilts her head and scrunches up her face in indecision. She runs her hand over the tray of necklaces that the servant brought up earlier. Bright diamonds and shiny rubies set into silver and gold chains.

"I have something for you," Jasper says from the doorway, he reaches into his jacket, Eliza swivels in her seat to face him. He hands her a large black velvet box wrapped in a bow. She takes it and looks up at him with a confused smile.

"You don't have to give me things." She says as she unties the ribbon

"I know I don't have to," Jasper says rolling his eyes. "Just open it."

Eliza lifts the lid. A thin golden chain lies on a red silk bed. Half of the chain is made of small crystal leaves linked with tiny golden loops, it drops to a group of three crystal leaves, a small metal rose set with hundreds of tiny diamonds hangs from the middle leaf.

"Jasper." Eliza breathes, "It's beautiful."

"I am glad you like it," Jasper says, he picks it up and drapes it around her neck, he fastens the necklace. Eliza admires it in the mirror and touches the diamond rose.

"I love it." She says, she stands up. "Thank you."

She wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him. It is a soft and loving kiss but he deepens it and backs her up against the wall, he pauses for breath and begins sliding his kisses down to her neck. She gasps softly and leans in, she grabs onto his hair as he pushes her up higher against the wall, she wraps her legs around his waist and tugs him closer to her. His hands jump to her dress's fastenings.

"We have a party to get to." She says even though her eyes are closed and her breath is rising. Jasper pauses, he curses softly and lowers her to the ground. Eliza catches her breath and smoothes her hair and dress.

"Are you ready then?" He says begrudgingly.

"I think so," Eliza replies checking her appearance in the mirror, she frowns at the way her collarbone sticks out, her period of ill health has brought out her bone structure in her face and neck. Her nerves must have shown on her face as Jasper says.

"You look lovely," He takes her hand and drags her away from the dressing table. He picks up her heels on the floor in the main bedroom, she slides them on. She smiles as he twirls her around.

"Perfect." He says.

Eliza dances away from him and out into the corridor, her feet skip along the carpet but she waits for him at the top of the stairs. She grabs his hand and leads him down the stairs to the front door. Jasper lifts a black fur-lined cloak from the coat stand and Eliza ties it around her shoulders, he pulls on his own long dark coat with silver buttons.

"Duchess Harrington." Jasper offers his arm, she entwines her arm around his with a smile and they walk outside to the carriage.