Episode 8: FunHouse

Episode Plot: Shortly upon agreeing and taking upon the new his new Princely abilities, Danny Phantom begins to have strange and unexplained symptoms.

Meanwhile, Sam believes that Danny needs a break. She drags him and Tucker to the new fair that just came to town for the weekend in hopes to help Danny relax and have a fun day out.

•••

After Danny's little episode at the Townhall, he was grateful that his friends didn't bring up the little incident again.

He really didn't want to be reminded of it nor feel the embarrassment of the scene he had created.

Following that day was a long week of not-so-fun college and once the weekend finally rolled around again, Danny was beyond and relieved.

He had gotten a note from Clockwork on his desk when he had woken up one morning, saying that he wanted to meet with Danny on Sunday. But today was Saturday which meant that Danny had the whole day to himself.

He was going to sleep in and enjoy a very rare, do-nothing day.

Or so he thought.

Danny groans as he tiredly picks up his ringing phone and pushes it to his ear, answering it with a very sleepy, "Hello?"

But it sounded much more muffled and almost incoherent. Fortunately for him though, the person on the other line was his girlfriend who knew how to make sense of his early-morning gibberish.

"Good morning to you too, lazy-pants." Sam remarks with an amused snicker. "Haven't quite made it out of bed yet, have you?"

Danny sighs exhaustedly. "Hardy, har, har, Sam. Very funny. And no to answer your question, I was actually enjoying a nice sleep on Saturday for once, mind you." He grumbles.

"Wow, such a grump!" Sam teases.

"Is there an actual reason you called me this morning or did you just want to be annoying and wake me up for no reason?" Danny remarks, cutting right to the chase.

Sam sighs. "Someone's not in a good mood this morning but it's fine. I do have a reason for calling actually though."

"Which is?"

"Well, apparently there's a small traveling fair that just opened up and is only here for a few days. Tucker has the day off from being mayor and I thought, 'hey, lets go be normal teens for a day and hang out at the fair!' You know, like old times."

"There's a fair opening up half way through the school year?" Danny questions, confused. "Isn't that a bit odd?"

"Yeah...maybe a little bit come on Danny! When was the last time the three of us had a fun day together? No offense to your sister, Valerie or Dani but wouldn't it be great if just us three spent today together just having a good time?" Sam asks excitedly.

"Since when do you care about going to the fair?" Danny continues to question, the whole situation just seeming odd.

He could practically see Sam shrug on the other end of the phone. "I don't know... I just thought it was a good idea. I get it, if you're not up for it. We don't have too. You probably need a day off so it's fine. I'll let you go back to sleep and—"

"Sam, wait," Danny interrupts, sitting up in bed.

"Yeah?"

"We can go." He replies, stretching his arms in an attempt to wake himself up more. "Just...give me like twenty minutes to hop in the shower and get ready then I'll meet you at Tuck's place. Alright?"