Chapter 21 "We Meet Again"

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

The shift is over.
Shaylynn hurries and cleans out her locker then quickly makes her way out of the Firehouse to her Durango.

Being home for a couple of hours, the doorbell rings.
Shaylynn walks to the door and opens it to see Severide standing there.
She can see he's been crying, she grabs his hand, "Get in here, Kelly!" she tells him pulling him inside.
Still holding his hand, she pulls him into the living room where Angelique and Dominque are.
"You're just in time," Shaylynn tells Severide wanting to get his mind off things.
"Just in time for what?" he asks.
"To help me feed the girls," she tells him, "Sit down."
Severide walks over to the couch and sits down. Shaylynn walks over to him and hands him a bottle along with a burp cloth.
She then picks up Angelique, walks over to him, and lays her in his arm.
He starts feeding her, "What's the piece of material for?" he asks Shaylynn.
Shaylynn laughs as she picks up Dominque, "It's a burp cloth. You put it on your shoulder or lap before you burp her."
She sits down and starts feeding Dominque, "Is it true you're going to 66?" he asks her.
Shaylynn looks away, "It is," she tells him.
"Why?" Severide asks her.
"Because I can't work with Matt," Shaylynn tells him.
"When are you two going to work this out?" he asks.
"We might not work it out! Matt didn't tell me what was going on! He kissed her, Kelly! He didn't do anything! He just stood there!" she tells him.
"And what did you do when Jay kissed you?" Severide asks her.
Shaylynn looks at him with a glare, "I pushed Jay away and slapped him! I didn't stand there and enjoy it like it seemed Matt was doing!"
Severide looks at her surprised.
He doesn't say anything else, he just sits there feeding Angelique.

After both girls are fed, it's time for their nap.
"Let's go," Shaylynn tells Severide.
"Go?" Severide asks her with a questioning look.
"Upstairs to put the girls down for their nap," she tells him walking toward the stairs.
Severide gently gets up and starts following Shaylynn.
He helped Casey take the cribs upstairs, so he knows where the nursery is.
Shaylynn walks in and puts Dominque in her crib as Severide puts Angelique down.
I could get used to this! A wife and kids! What was Matt thinking doing what he did, Severide thinks to himself.
He walks out of the nursery with Shaylynn following him. After she walks out, she closes the door.
Severide stands there and happens to look to his right and sees it's Shaylynn's bedroom.
He moves closer to Shaylynn and starts kissing her, she puts her arms around his neck. Picking her up she wraps her legs around his waist. Turning, Severide walks into the bedroom, kicking the door shut with his foot. Walking over to the bed, he puts her down. Shaylynn gets on her knees, grabs onto his shirt and pulls it open ripping the buttons off. Severide grabs the bottom of her dress and pulls it up over her head. She then undoes his belt, then his button, moving onto his zipper. He quickly takes off his pants and makes his way onto the bed hovering over her. Grabbing one of her legs, he pushes it to the side so he can make his way into her. Entering her, Shaylynn let's out a moan as he takes the same leg lifting it up putting it around his waist.
"Kelly," Shaylynn says, "Kelly, are you alright?" she asks him.
Severide shakes his head and comes back to reality, "Yeah," he tells her, "I need to go. I have some things I need to take care of."
Severide turns around, quickly making his way down the stairs and out of the house to his Mustang.
After getting in, he backs down the driveway and drives off.
Sitting at a red light, he can't believe he was thinking of Shaylynn like that.

~~~~~~

A new shift is starting.
Casey meets up with Severide at the bottom of the driveway.
"Glad to have you back!" Casey says patting Severide on the back as he looks around, "I don't see Shaylynn's car," he says.
Severide looks at Casey surprised, "You don't know?" Severide asks.
"Know what?" Casey asks him.
"She's been transferred," Severide tells him.
Casey looks at Severide confused but continues to walk up the driveway.
"I should call her. I really miss her!" Casey tells Severide looking over at him as they walk inside.
Casey stops and turns toward Severide, "Hey, sorry to bug you with all this. I know you got plenty on your mind."