Spider Silk

Both fairies now fully clothed in temporary dresses sewn using Dandelion fuzz. Traditional wear only for going to sleep, but will have to be worn until more clothes can be sewn to fit them.

Mel walks slowly up to each girl who are sitting uncomfortably at the small wooden table, an acorn cap in each of her hands filled with a strange liquid. She hands one to each of them.

“Welcome to the world” Mel smiles proudly at the two beauties sitting before her. “This is a ceremonial elixir we give to all new born faires. When you drink all of it, a name will appear in you head. That will be your name to keep”

She motions down at the gold liquid, sloshing around in the acorn cap.

Both of the sisters look up nervously before looking back down at the drink. The ivory skinned one brings it to her lips first, then the peach colored one follows suite.

The gold potion tastes of melon and honey. A sweet nectar crafted from the gods.

Once they have emptied the cups and set them down they look at Mel expantatly as nothing happens.

“Just wait”

She whispers and motions for them to close their eyes.

Each of them do.

A moment or two passes and both of their eyes snap open quickly.

The peach one speaks first, her hands trembling with excitement. She stumbles around to find the right word before she shyly murmurs

“Gossamer”

The melody of her name bounced off her lips as if it were a song itself.

Soon the ivory fairy looks at the newly named fairy in slight disappointment as she begrudgingly announces

“Millie”

Jealous of her sisters beautiful name, while hers was more rhythmic tap than a beautiful melody.

Mel smiles and embraces them both in a warm hug, followed by birch. The now newly named sisters fully welcomed into the community.

Or...so they thought.

GossamerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara