I sat down in the dining table and took a sip of my milk that dad poured for me. I flipped through the pages of the newspaper while waiting for the food. I was laughing over a funny article when mom handed the newly cooked Egg's Benedict on my plate and 2 pieces of hot-dogs.

"Now go, eat up!"

"Ohhhh, this is a lot!" 

"Finish it, okay?" Dad nodded. 

"I'll try."

I took a small bite and I felt the food melting in my mouth, I paused for a moment... It was delicious and savory. I heard my stomach rumbling. Damn, I am hungry. The next 15 minutes, I was digging it all from my plate. I burped and I realized what I've done. Oh, MAN!

This dress feels a lot more tighter now, but I tried not to mind it and kept a positive vibe. I turned to my dad and asked, "Dad, can you give me a ride to school?...since it's my first day." 

"Sure, Anna. Let me just get my keys."  He placed his newspaper on the table, took his plates and brought it to the sink. He walked upstairs to their room for the keys. We have this rule not to leave dirty plates on the table. We are very organize at home. We have a list of house chores for all of us.

"Be optimistic Anna. Be optimistic. This is a Chanel dress, it won't break easily. It is made with the finest linen. Don't worry, everything will turn out great." I consoled myself while walking to the garage.

I opened the door to the garage and I can see our 2013 Dodge dart red car. My dad just bought it last year when our old car broke. I waited for my dad there while walking back and forth. I can still feel butterflies in my belly. I have this gut feeling that something bad will happen.

" Stop it Anna! You are just nervous. You will meet a lot of new students later. People who bullied you will all bow down before you. You will have everything that you deserve!" I exclaimed with my arms raised like a total idiot. 

"Darling, are you coming in?" My dad looked at me, a little confuse. He must have been there for a while, staring at me talking to myself. 

"Oh yes, of course!" I quickly went inside the front seat. 

Dad drove outside of our house to the streets of New York. I live at Upper West side, New York City, at Greenwich Village in Eight Avenue to be exact. Ravenwood Academy is located in Upper East side, where all of the elite students reside. 

" What a beautiful dress! Is that new?" My dad looked at my chic dress, intrigued by it.

"Well, mom gave me money yesterday to buy a dress for my first day." I tried to escape some details. I'm sure he'll get shocked about the price. My dad's pretty cheap. He doesn't like us spending too much.

"Oh really? Well, it looks really expensive. Where'd you buy it?" He got even more curious. 

"Uhhmm...Just some cheap shop nearby...You know, really cheap stuff. " I started stammering. "Yeah, I think...it was a thrift store." I clarified but my dad's face was doubtful.

"Come on, don't lie. I know when you lie and I don't like it." He looked real serious. I don't want him to get angry at me so I gave in and spat out the details. 

"Mom gave me a hundred bucks last night to buy a dress, It's Chanel." I quickly responded. Closing my eyes for his reaction. 

"Ahh, your Mom! I told her not too overspend. She shouldn't spend a lot just because she got promoted. She is so stubborn!" He said in a frustrated voice . 

"She got promoted! Cool! How much is her salary now? Oohhhh! AWESOME." I cheerfully said ignoring dad's teaching about overspending. I am more interested about mom. She's been working in that hotel for too long and I am thrilled that she finally got promoted.