"Samantha um listen it's Friday and for us," she motioned between me and her, "Fridays are always girls night do you want to join?" she asked.

"Oh I'd love to but I have to help my mum." Samantha said looking truly sorry, that when I knew she really wanted to come but just couldn't so I decided to step in.

"Oh just leave it for one night and we will help you catch up on it tomorrow," I say trying to convince her.

"Well I suppose one night can't hurt," she says as if speaking to herself, then turning to look up at us she smiles and says "ok I'll come what time?"

"Well usually we start at about 9:30." Ella says I nod in conformation.

"Dinner ends at 9:00 so we could just come right up after." Samantha suggests. we both nod grinning.

"Ok I can come get you since you probably don't know your way around." she offers.

"Sure thanks," I say Samantha then turns and walks away without another word. now me and Ella are left to open the doors we are standing in front of. I on the left her on the right. I mentally count to three then throw the doors wide to reveal a grand room. there is nothing special about the furnishings it has a queen bed with a night stand on one side and a door on the other. there is a chest of drawers across from the bed with a flat screen tv on it. in addition to the first door there are two more directly across from where I stand in total three doors not counting the one that leads to the hall outside. I race across to the first door and throw it open to find a bathroom next to that a walk in closet and finally the last door leads to Ella's room which is the exact mirror to mine.

Dinner was simple enough just pasta although I'm not complaining I love pasta. Although strangely both mum and dad were acting uncomfortable at dinner. I'm not sure why everything about this place screams high class comfort. I don't know where my grandma got the money for it all from, as far as I knew she was not supper rich certainly not enough for this. Maybe that's what my parents were worried about the money, or maybe they just preferred middle class living.

We ate in silence except the clicks of forks and knives against plaits and the occasional please pas the whatever.

After dinner Samantha Ella and I ran up to the rooms to prepare for girls night.

"Movies?" Ella read off the list.

"Check," I sang

"Makeup?"

"Check"

"Games?"

"Check"

"Snacks?"she asked, then her eyes went wide and she yelled, "we forgot the snakes."

We raced down to the kitchen and got:

Different kinds of chips

Different kinds of dips

Sodas of all kinds

Cup cakes (double chocolate my favorite, red velvet Ella's favorite and vanilla Samantha's favorite)

Then other snacks like popcorn and pretzels

"Yay! we have the five major snack groups" Ella and I exclaim

"As my favorite uncle would always say 'there is no such thing as too much of a good thing'" Sam said and we all burst out laughing. after regaining our composure we went into Ella's room.

"Ok who's ready?!?!" Ella yells "May you ready?" she asks pointing to me.

I laugh typical Ella but nod nun the less. When she's satisfied with my answer Ella shifts her gaze to Samantha. "you ready Samantha?"

"Yeah just don't call me Samantha I hate it it's so I have all my friends call me Sam." both Ella and I nod and the night begins.

First we watch movies and of course there horror both Ella and I are obsessed with scary mysteries and it turns out so is Sam.

The we did each others make up which just consisted of us putting too much on and making fun of girls who wear a lot and get plastic surgery and dye their hair. We call them Barbies.

Then just to pass the time we played some board games. By 1AM it was time for The Challenge.

"So tell me again what were doing?" Sam asked confused.

"This is called the waterfall," Ella began to explain, "you take two glasses one big the other a shot glass you fill them both with plain soda water then you chug them both."

"It's a lot harder than it seems," I assured her while filling our glasses.

"On three" Ella said, "1...2...3" we all downed our small glass then switched immediately to the big one.

"That," gasp "was" gasp "the hardest" gasp "thing I've ever done" Sam squeezed as her eyes turned red and began to fill with tears.

At her reaction Ella and I burst out laughing, clearly both remembering the first time we did this I ended up spewing back 90% of what I drank and that set Ella laughing which in turn brought her water back out of her mouth too it was disgusting and hilarious at the same time!

"Ok I have a question for you Sam " I say when we calm down "how come your mum has an accent but you don't?"

"She didn't grow up in the US I did and although its gotten better she just can't see, to shake the accent." Sam answered.

"Oh we should play truth or dare," Ella pipes up both Sam and I nod in agreement.

And that ladies And gentlemen is how we all fell asleep in a circle on Ella's bed by 3AM. That is. Also how Sam made her way into Ella and I's tightly nit friendship and honestly there is not a thing I am happier about in the world, because even if I didn't know it at the time we three would need each other more than ever in the traumatic events that would soon follow.

A/N

I know there isn't much excitement but bare with me it gets better I promise also try the water fall challenge it's very hard but it has to be done with plain soda water not sprite or coke or that stuff.