Scene 1: You Shouldn't Be Here

The rain was persistently falling, but a man seems unfazed by the cold it brings when it's pouring down on him and the chilling air hits his skin. For the nth time, he was in the forest. Whatever may the weather is, he was in the forest. Not because he has the love for nature, but because his love got lost in the nature. In the dark, haunted, mysterious woods.

He was sitting on the hood of his car, not caring if the rainfall pours straight on him and drenching the thickness of his coat, not caring if he got sick tomorrow and die the next day. In fact, he want to die. He want to be with his lover.

Rumors has proclaimed itself in their community town. Some says that his girlfriend was abducted by some unknown hoodlums, possibly got raped, and murdered. Some says that she dared to go into the woods by herself, just for the thrill of it and for a mock bravery. And some says that she was taken by the elementals of the wood, for she was too much beautiful for an average villager, too much feisty for a lowly peasant.

But he knows her the best. He was there when she helped the beggars sleeping on the empty pavements to build their own home and have a stable job. She was birthed from the riches, but humbled herself to uplift the poorest. He was there when her parents discarded her and let her live in the poor, underdeveloped suburbs of their town. He was there when she has nothing but him and when she was feeling down.

She shed off lights to the ones who need it, but it's the darkness which stole her brightness. And now that she was lost and no one seems to care, where had she gone?

When he felt that the woods are calling for his lonely heart, he stood and got off the hood of his car. He walked aimlessly and wandered, not caring where his feet could take him. Not caring what could be waiting beyond the darkness of the woods. Perhaps his lover is at the end, waiting for him to come and find her.

He just need to trust and embark on a new journey, not until he slipped over a mossy stone and hit his head against the massive rock behind him.

*SFX: serene background music*

*SFX: mythical background music*

Liam's POV

The sound of crickets awoke me from my unconsciousness and has brought me back to my senses. I opened my eyes a little and caught a glimpse of a woman's silhouette towering over me. I blinked a few times to clear my vision, but when my sight has cleared, I saw none but a sky of a million stars twinkling in the night sky.

Some stars are still, and some are moving. And when I focused on the moving lights, I realized that it was a pack of fireflies interspersed in the cold breeze of the serene evening.

I tried to move my arms but it felt like it has not been used for a year. I shifted to my side and weakly supported my body to get up into a sitting position.

Emma: Seems like you're lost.
Liam: *gasp in surprise* A-are you a fairy? You're a fairy?!
Emma: And so are you.
*SFX:rubs of skin for Liam touches his ears and wings*
Liam: *whispers* I'm a fairy?
Emma: *sighs* Who are you and what are you doing in the woods in this time of night?
Liam: Who am I?
Emma: *huffs* Just a waste of time.
Liam: Wait! I can't remember anything! I don't even know my name!
Emma: What?
*SFX: crickets chirping*
Emma: Are you kidding me? Or are you just wasting my time? Or maybe both?
Liam: Promise, I'm telling you. I don't know me.
*SFX: crickets chirping*
Liam: I don't know myself.
Emma: Follow me then. I guess I can help you with that.

She lead the way and I followed suit. I assessed her from behind, she has a beautiful tangerine shock of curls and she wears a flower crown where a handful of butterflies are nestled to. She has a fair skin and dressed in a white floral dress that flows above her knees, her wings are like of a dragonfly's. She was walking barefooted, her feet are flawless despite the small pebbles and splinters that lie on our way. She was holding a small cyan duffel bag, I looked closely at it in bewilderment.