Chapter 2: Fredbear's Family Diner

Start from the beginning

Fredbear was asleep in a comfortable corner in the Backstage, behind the curtains, with Spring Bonnie on the other side. He slept peacefully, curled up like a big, golden, furry ball. His trademark purple top hat and bow tie laid beside him.

"Fredbear!" I exclaimed happily, patting him lightly on his fluffy arm. "Wake up! It's me, Chris!"

Fredbear grunted and stirred around, one eye open lazily. "What time is it?" he yawned.

Michael checked his watch. "About 7:38 AM," he replied cheerfully.

Fredbear immediately jolted and sat upright, suddenly wide awake. "Agh!" he exclaimed in a comical fashion as we giggled. "I'm supposed to be up at seven!"

We watched in amusement as he briefly brushed the tuft of fur on his head with his claws (his claws snipped off a few strands), jammed his top hat onto his head, pulled on his bow tie, and rushed towards Spring Bonnie. "Springy!" He shook the golden rabbit, who was sleeping so soundly she was practically dead to the world, "it's seven thirty! The place is opening soon!"

"Where's the birthday cake?" Spring Bonnie mumbled as she jolted awake, sitting up immediately. Her golden fur was a mess and one long rabbit ear was bending down while the other was upright.

 Her golden fur was a mess and one long rabbit ear was bending down while the other was upright

"The birthday party," he corrected, "is at lunch. Now come on! Wake up and wash your face!"

"But whaddayamean?" Spring Bonnie kept comically asking cluelessly again, as Fredbear put on her purple bow tie and pulled her outside to the kitchen.

We followed, in fits of giggles, and watched as Fredbear splashed lots of water onto his face and laughed as Spring Bonnie slapped the bear when he tried splashing her too, shouting, "I can VERY WELL do it myself, thank you very much!"

"You kiddos better set the stage a little," Spring said, now very fresh, wide awake, and pretty much conscious of everything around her, as she walked outside the kitchen. "Just hang some decorations as usual, they're by the crates."

We nodded cheerfully, and went up to the stage to set up the decor. After a few minutes, everything was ready, and not very long after, at half past eight, the place was already filling up slowly by kids and parents having breakfast.

My siblings and I helped our parents, their employees, and the Goldies by giving pizza or any kinds of food the customers ordered, help clean the tables, or even help other kids with the arcade games. It was a very fun morning, if you ask me, even though I wished I could've spent more time playing with my plushies at home.

When most of the people left because breakfast was over, Fredbear sat beside me on the edge of the stage, smiling.

"Hey kiddo," he greeted. I, who was staring at my Fredbear plushie, looked up and gave him a light smile back. "Hey."

"You okay?" he asked.

I nodded, yawning. "Of course I am," I said as I stretched. "I'm only tired, that's all. Woke up early this morning by accident."

Fredbear chuckled. "How come?"

I shrugged. "A nightmare, maybe," I said. "Not sure. Immediately forgot when I sat up."

Fredbear's expression dropped and he looked rather horrified. "What do you mean, a nightmare?" he demanded.

I quickly realized what I said. "Oh, uh—that's not what I meant!" I hurriedly exclaimed. "I meant a bad dream. I'm sorry. I forgot how sensitive that word was. Even though Michael had literally shouted it this morning, heh..." I mumbled the last part to myself.

"Sorry, what was that last part?" Fredbear asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Hmm."

Suddenly, Fredbear groaned and clutched his head. He bent over as if in serious pain, in a fashion that would catch anyone's attention near him.

"Fredbear, are you okay?" I said, alarmed.

"Another one of your headaches again, Fredbear?" said a gentle voice, and I looked up to see Spring Bonnie walking slowly towards us, a look of worry etched all over her face. Fredbear nodded slowly, and at that moment I realized that he still looked really exhausted.

Spring gave Fredbear a soft smile and lent him a hand, who reached out to take it. She pulled him up so he could stand up. "Go and have fun with your siblings, Chris," she told me. "Are any of your friends around here?"

I looked around. "No, I don't think so," I replied.

Spring gave me a small nod and turned around, whispering quietly to Fredbear about things I didn't know as they both walked.

The day passed pretty quickly to me. The birthday party was for a boy named James, who turned seven that day. Fredbear seemed to look slightly better, as he sang songs with Spring and celebrated the birthday party quite enthusiastically.

Though I noticed he was acting slightly strange, as he kept looking at his paws for quite a period of time or rearranging his bow tie and top hat continuously. He even looked nervous—or anxious.

I tried to push it into the back of my head because it didn't seem like anything to worry about, but it was still concerning anyway.

I hoped he was alright.

Though, even though I wasn't sure, I had a feeling something isn't right...

...

Yes, Springy's a female in here. No gender wars or else! I just think it'd be suitable for the plot ^^

Oh, and did I just make a cliffhanger here? Heheh. Proud of myself rn. XD

Don't worry, the next chapter is coming soon. It'll be shorter, but it's gonna come out anyway!

See ya!
~Flurry away!