Eight - Widow to Widow

Edinburgh, Scotland - Earth

Wanda was surrounded - although there were only two aliens after them, with Vis down she felt wildly outnumbered. Sure, she was more confident with her powers now, but it was sudden situations like these which cost her that confidence. Still, she stood her ground, igniting her palms with telekinetic red energy. Then she noticed something appearing behind the speeding train, a tall figure...

Suddenly, Cap, Widow, Falcon, and Spark attacked. Their team members come to help them in their time of need.

"We don't want to kill you, but we will," threatened Natasha. The calmness of her voice was frightening.

The female alien snarled. "You'll never get the chance again." And the two disappeared, teleported back up to their ship.

"Thank you, Captain," said Vision shakily. "Everyone."

"I thought we had a deal: stay close, check in, don't take any chances," said Nat.

"We're sorry, we just wanted time," Wanda explained.

"Yeah, we can understand that," sympathized Karen. "Did you see them looking at me funny?" she then asked Sam, speaking of the aliens. "I thought I saw a flash of recognition - it happened so fast I couldn't really tell. That and they were trying to kill us."

"Weird," he agreed. "This is all getting really, really weird."

"Yeah, you can say that again." Beep beep! She glanced down at her wristband. "It's a message from Wakanda - he's ready for visitors."

Steve smiled. "Go, take the small jet. We'll meet you there."

"Are you sure you won't need me here?"

"Karen, go welcome your boyfriend home from the war."

She smiled. "Will do, Cap. See you all soon."

"If it's alright with you, Captain, I think I'll take my leave as well," said Nat once Karen was gone.

Steve knew that look. "You have a lead?"

"I think so. Somewhat, at least."

"Who is it?"

"You remember that favour I pulled for you from Kiev, regarding Barnes's file?" Steve nodded. He'd had a difficult time making his way through that file. "Well I contacted them again, asking for this. It's only partial, but you'll understand once you see it." Natasha withdrew a file folder much like Bucky's had been. This one didn't look as worn and old though. It had a stamp across the front in Russian. He opened the thin file to see only a few pages of sparse information, mostly in Russian, but the black and white photograph was what struck him.