Eden recalled them staying with Malcolm for a while. She had completely forgotten.

"Thank you. You may be seated."

Everyone sat down.

Malcolm took a seat at the head of the table. Eden took the only empty seat next to him.

"The fire has been put out. However, something quite more disturbing has been discovered," a man Eden didn't recognize informed.

Malcolm turned his attention to him. Beckoning him to continue.

The man briefly hesitated.

"Wolves heads have been found on stakes scattered about the capital."

Eden felt her heart drop.

"Have they been identified?" Silas asked.

"They aren't werewolves, Alpha. Just regular wolves."

Talia's brow furrowed.

"It doesn't matter. It's still a clear threat."

Malcolm nodded in agreement.

"The humans and other pack members all assume that this is the work of rebels. Mere heathens trying to overthrow Alpha Íllios."

A look of confusion passed Lilian's face.

"Are you saying that's not what it is?"

The whole room seemed to grow cold.

"I regretfully do not have the time to explain the entirety of the complex situation. But the situation at hand is being caused by a blasphemous evil. A supernatural force from hell."

Lilian's eyes widened.

"What can we do to stop it?"

"The only way to end this all is through my soulmate, Eden."

All eyes were on her now. Her cheeks instantly grew red.

"You're going to make her immortal?" Silas asked. He almost sounded as if he disapproved.

"If that is what she wants yes. We are going to try," Malcolm answered firmly.

"How is that going to fix this issue?"

"Pythia and her followers will not rest until Eden is dead. Their only tie to this world is through her. This can only end two ways," Malcolm answered.

"And those are?" Michelle asked.

"She becomes an immortal, or she dies," he said. Though his tone was collected she could see a flash of deep set pain in his eyes.

"So why don't we just kill her? Becoming immortal cannot be an easy feat and lives are being lost because of these demons it's-"

The man who had spoken up did not get to finish his statement.

He had been thrown out of his chair. His body flying backward and colliding with the wall behind him. He slumped to the ground. Leaving a large crack in the wall.

Malcolm hadn't even moved a finger. Yet his eyes were practically on fire.

"For you to even think that let alone verbally suggest it disgusts me. This is situation regards me and Eden and will be handled as quickly as possible."

The whole room was dead silent. Malcolm's words echoing in her mind.

"If anyone lays a hand on her so help me I will cast them into hell myself. Have I made myself clear?" Malcolm asked.