A Rush Of Wings Chapter 14

A Rush Of Wings:

Chapter 14

The weekend had finally arrived, Faolán and Aodh had yet to tell us what they had found in their hunt. They seemed to be in no real rush which only could mean that they succeeded in punishing the murders. Anyone guilty of killing a Sidhe was brought to justice by the Black Dogs of that Sidhe. I didn't really want to know how the hunt went so I was glad that they hadn't said anything.

It was late Saturday morning and I was sitting on the couch playing a video game. With wet hair hanging around my shoulders I sat there totally enthralled in the game that I hadn't heard someone come down the stairs until I felt a tug of my hair.

"Ew! Are you just now getting up?" I mentally sighed. It was far too early in the day to be dealing with Faolán.

"No, unlike you I've been awake for awhile now." I shot back without taking my eyes off the TV. I didn't have any morning duties today so I planned on vegging out until later when my set of chores needed to be done, that and I was waiting for Shay to finish so that we could go into town and look into the whole Anraí situation. Faolán huffed at me before coming around the couch and taking a seat next to me.

"You already finished this game." He stated flatly while looking at the screen.

"No duh Dick Tracy."

"Why are you playing it again? You already know how it ends for heaven sake."

"How about you go find something to do and leave me alone for awhile?"

"Crabby as ever in the morning." He mumbled as he got up and headed out of the living room.

"Still too bright and cheery in the morning!" I shot back at him quickly. Faolán said something that I didn't hear. Not like I cared. Hard to believe we are best friends at times like this. I continued with my game until launch time came around and then I quite the game to go make launch for everyone. Thirty minutes later and I was cleaning up the dishes. Once that was done I headed up to my room to change into something a little less ragamuffin looking and got ready to go into town with Shay.

"Come on Ash let's go!" Shay yelled up the stairs.

"I am coming. Take a chill pill." I said heading down the stairs. Shay shook his head at me and headed outside with me following behind him. The ride into town was a quiet one, I stared out the window watching the scenery pass by knowing that all was green now that would only another month or two then the heat would come and scorched everything brown.

"Where did you want to start?" Shay asked me as we neared the town.

"The diner." I replied quietly. The diner, the information hub in this town if anything could be learned about Anraí it would be at the diner. All the local gossip passed through the diner and even the more important information passed through. In such a small town nothing went unnoticed, not even if Anraí was a stranger passing through there would be information about him. We pulled up to the diner I got out of the truck turning around I spoke to Shay through the open door. "I'll get the information here and you go down to pub. I'll meet you there." I smiled sweetly at him.

"All right but be careful in there." He said and shot me a look.

"I am always careful." I replied with a wink. I closed the door and headed into the diner. The pub was the next best place to gather information. If you knew who to ask that is and Shay would know who to ask considering he normally works at the pub. Also didn't want local gossip to start about Shay and I so if we split up one information would be gathered faster and two no gossip would happen. The diner was busy with the lunch rush which also happens to be the perfect time to get information. Just like every day the one person I needed to see was there, she sat at the long bar table chatting it up with someone. Miss Birdie was a 70 year old gray haired lady who knew every single thing that went on in this town. I walked up to her and took a seat on the other side of her.