A Rush Of Wings Chapter 8

A Rush Of Wings

Chapter 8

Waking up in Shay's arms was rather nice but a little confusing since I don't know how or why. I thought I had slept peacefully through the night but maybe I was wrong. Either way I had to get up and let Ailbhe out to do her morning business and start breakfast. As I tried to get up the very strong arms of Shay tightened around me and somehow that was a little odd I knew he was just on the edge of sleep. As soon as I realized that I knew he was on the edge of sleep he woke up as if he felt my realization.

"Maidin (Morning)." He said as he loosened his grip around me.

"Maidin (Morning)." I replied as I sat up in bed with a rather confused look on my face. "What happened last night?" I ask figuring it was a good place to start, seeing as it was really the only thing that made any sense right now.

"You had a tromluí (nightmare) last night. You woke up screaming and when I came in you starting sobbing and clung onto me for dear life. Don't you remember any of this?"

"No. It is like it is being blocked from me for some reason. I don't remember anything past feeling being placed into my bed last night." He was hiding something from me I could feel it. Which again was a little odd since I didn't really know him well and it was a strong feeling not just an uneasy one that you get when you know people are hiding something from you. "What are you hiding from me?"

"What do you me hiding from you? I am not hiding anything from you, Ash." He was lying to me, I could feel it. Damn this was getting a little aggravating.

"Forget it then." I said as I got up with a whistle to Aibhe and headed out of my room to start off the morning.

****Shay's POV:****

"Forget it then." She said as she got up with a whistle and headed out the door of her room with Aibhe. Her thoughts where confused and aggravated other then that there was nothing to say what the heck was going on. I felt her realize I was on the edge of sleep that is what made me wake up but everything else left me confused. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Her part of the link as become stronger....Crap! She knows I was hiding something and then lied to her, there was no living with her now. Thank goodness Aidan was coming home soon. Guess I had better go explain what the heck is going on or I am a dead man later.

I got up and changed before heading down the stairs to explain myself to one angry Ashling. I wasn't expecting her link to develop so fast or so soon but then again this girl never did anything I expected so it shouldn't really come as that much of a surprise. I walked into the kitchen without making a sound, as soon as I hit the doorway she looked up from what she was making and I could feel she was pissed. Wonderful.

"Ashling, I know your pissed at me but let me explain." I remained calm hoping to influence her enough to keep her calm.

"Fine, explain."

"I am sorry I lied to you when you asked what I was hiding. You could feel it couldn't you?"

"Yes. How did you know that?"

"You may want to come and sit down before I continue." She rolled her eyes at me but came and sat down anyways. "It is a rare thing when one of my kind develops a link with one of your kind. However it does happen and when it does a link is created between the two, the link allows for the mystical one to feel everything their link feels, sees what their link is thinking and so on. For the human partner that link allows them to feel when something is off with their mystical link. You and I are linked together and that is how you felt that something was off. We've been linked since the day I found you in the woods after your parents murder."

"Is that what you weren't telling me two weeks ago?" Once again this girl never did what I expected. She was all calm didn't seem to phase her now and thankful she wasn't ticked off anymore.

"Picked up on that one did you? Yes, that is what I wasn't telling you then."

"What aren't you telling me now?" I was so hoping she wouldn't ask that. I mean I knew she was going to but I was hoping she would drop it for now.

"I'll tell you later alright? Now isn't the time you need to eat and get off to school." I was hedging it and she knew it but thankful she let it drop and got up to begin working on breakfast again.

****Ashling's POV:****

School wasn't going well at all today. My mind was to preoccupied with what Shay had told me this morning, so much so that I wasn't paying much attention in any of my classes or was I paying attention to anything really. It was lunch time now and I was heading off to join Cian and Iúile, on the way there I unfortunately crossed paths with Josh McKean. "Keep calm. Keep calm." I repeated in my head.

"Hello beautiful. How is my girl today?" He said while he wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him....Gross!

"I believe you have the wrong girl. Hi babe, is this punk bothering you?" Came a voice I recognized very well from behind us. I managed to pull out from Josh's grip and walked over to Shay who immediately wrapped a muscular arm about me. I turned into him and wrapped my own arm around Shay's waist.

"No, he isn't bothering me. At least not anymore now that you are here." I smirked over to Josh who was my worst tromluí (nightmare). Josh shoot us an unbelievable look but walked away without another word. To bad Shay couldn't show up everyday to rescue me from Josh.

"Maybe when your brother gets back." He smirked. Before I could even reply Cian came running up as fast as he could. He looked at Shay and I oddly but neither one of us moved, I've always felt safe and protected with Shay.

"Sorry Ash, I saw Josh and tried to get here quickly." He huffed out his apology.

"Cian it isn't a big deal. Your class before lunch is on the opposite side of the school besides that Shay came to my rescue today." I gave him a smile and grabbed his hand in one of mine and then grabbed Shay's hand in my other, I dragged them both over to where Iúile and Destiny where waiting for us. "Come on guys lets go out for lunch today." I said happily and dragged them all out to the parking lot. We ended up ditching the rest of school and spent time together, we even ate out for dinner. It wasn't until we where on our way home and alone in the car was I able to finally ask him my question.

"Why where you at the school?"

"To see you."

"Why?"

"Do I really need a reason?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You better believe you do." I smirked at him.

"To bad babe I am not telling." He smirked back at me.

We made it home and attended to business. Life was as normal as possible and passed by all to soon. Though with this link I was glad that Aidan would be home this day, sure we had our happy moments but most of the time we fought without actually saying a word to each other. Which is just really weird in my book. We diffidently had developed a love/hate relationship in the last few weeks. I was so happy to see Aidan that I ran right into his open arms and gave him a huge hug.

"I take it you missed me?" He asked with a bit of a chuckle as he twirled me around.

"Of course I did!" I told him as I hugged him even tighter.

After that time flowed by even faster and before I knew it an entire two weeks had passed by without me having seen Shay once. It had nearly been 2 1/2 weeks before I saw Shay again and once again he came to my rescue. 

*******************************************************************************************************************

I hoped you liked this chapter. Please vote, comment and fan if you would like to read more. =) This is a shorter chapter then what I was going for but I banged up my left pinkie finger and am unable to type for long. Thankful it isn't broken but until it is healed up a little everything is on hold.