A Rush of Wings Chp-7

Author's note: Not sure how good this chapter is since I wrote most of it while really tired. Hope it is a good chapter and you all enjoy it. Anyways here are the word meanings, tromluí = nightmare, deartháir = brother

A Rush of Wings: Chapter 7

Shay's POV:

Waiting for Ashling to wake up was starting to make me slightly tired myself. I started to doze off in the chair I was sitting in, awaking when I started to slip off the chair. Deciding then that breaking my neck wasn't an option, I got up and walked to the other side of my bed and laid down next to Ashling. I don't have a clue whether she was conscious or not but the moment I laid down next to her she rolled over and rested her head right on my chest. Startled by this I waited a moment to see what she would do, when she didn't move or anything I wrapped my arms around her and let her dreams carry me away, off into her peaceful dream land for the moment.

Narrator's POV:

Soon after Shay drifted off to sleep with Ashling in his arms Iúile and Cian came home in a rather noisy manner. Dáiríne walked down the stairs to greet them and hush them from making to much noisy knowing that Shay and Ashling were both asleep since she had just checked in on them.

"You two be quiet now, calm down right now Shay and Ashling are up stairs sleeping." Dáiríne hissed at them as she meet them in the hall. Her face held a stern look that caused the two of them be quiet as all three of them walked into the kitchen. Once there and they had dropped off their book bags all three of them sat down at the table with a can of soda for each. Iúile was the first to speak after they had sat down.

"What is Ash doing here? Oh! and why is she sleeping?" Iúile asked her mother in her usual forgetful tone.

"She and Shay came down this morning. Ashling has been having the tromluí again, so she hasn't been sleeping well and was very tired earlier." Dáiríne answered her daughter quietly.

"Where is she sleeping?" Asked Cian.

"She is asleep up in Shay's room." She answered him calmly. Iúile and Cian gave each other a confused look for if Ashling was up in Shay room asleep where the heck is Shay sleeping? Cian turned back to Dáiríne.

"Mom if Ash is asleep in Shay's room then where is Shay snoozing?" Iúile asked her mother with a bit of curiosity in her voice.

"Shay's asleep up in his room with Ashling." Dáiríne answered her daughter quietly and in a manner of fact way. Iúile and Cian gave each other a look and then they both just shrugged and went on talking about their day like nothing was out of the ordinary.

Ashling's POV:

I was no where near fully conscious when there came a bang from down stairs. "Sounds like clumsy Iúile is at it again." I thought to myself before realizing the the pillow I was laying on was one moving but it was warm and there was a heartbeat. I opened up my eyes and found that my pillow was actually Shay who happened to have his arms wrapped around me. I was going on the guess that sleeping in his room and bed had made me so use to his scent that I didn't notice when it got more potent with him joining me. I knew I should get up but my heart was screaming no while my head was saying yes get up before he wakes up. This is so wonderful feeling his arms around me and listening to his heartbeat while watching his chest move up and down with each breath. In the end my heart told my mind to shut it and I relaxed against Shay and was about to fall asleep again when when I felt a kiss on the top of my head, I didn't move just continued to lay there pretending to I was still asleep and with how safe and relaxed I felt that pretending might change into something real. Shay was awake somehow I could feel it, almost as if we where linked or something I mentally shook that thought away and just laid there listening to the gentle beat of his heart.

We just laid there for a long time, how long I haven't a clue for a soon drifted off into a light sleep. We continued to lay their together with his arms around me and me resting on his chest. Soon though this comfort of ours ended with a loud crash from downstairs and the sounds of Iúile calling out for Cian. Iúile has always been clumsy and today seemed to be no different for her. I heard Shay sigh and I raised my head off his chest and looked at him for am moment then laid my head back down on his chest. His arms tightened around me, I didn't give a damn what what clumsy Iúile was doing down stairs beside that it sounds a little like Iúile might be slightly mad a Cian.

I don't know what it is about Shay but if I wasn't mad at him then I was content like I was right now. He knew pretty much everything about me, he knew my emotions and even seemed to know what my thoughts where. Confusion was my constant emotions with him, either I hated him or love him. Boy talk about a love/hate relationship. Somewhere in all my thoughts sleep had won over me again and drift off into sleep.

Shay's POV:

I slept peacefully with Ashling in my arms, the best sleep either of us have gotten was happening right now. I had been on just the edge of sleep laying there for awhile on the edge I soon felt her wake up through our link and I could also tell that my girl wasn't planing on moving anytime soon. I felt her relax again in my arms, as she relaxed further I laid a gentle kiss on the top of her head. I could hear Iúile being her usual clumsy self downstairs. Just as I felt Ash starting to drift off back to sleep Iúile knocked over something and called out for Cian startling Ash. She raised her head and looked at me for a moment before laying her head back down on my chest aging, I tighten my arms around her and just held her for a time while listening to her thoughts through our link. All to soon my poor girls thoughts changed into dreams. I let her drift off fully to sleep again before I gentle moved her so that I could get up and go see what in the world was going on downstairs though staying with Ash was the preferred spot.

"What the hell is going on down here?" I asked walking into the kitchen. I wasn't a happy person at the moment and these two where about to get it.

"Sorry, Shay. I tripped over my one book bag and dropped a glass." Iúile said all apologetic like. I shook my head at her and chuckled a little at her. She gave me a glare as she and Cian headed off to work. It looked like mom had already left and that just left me and Ash. I moved to make some kind of food for Ash and I before we headed off to the pub. After fixing up some sandwiches I heard the jingling noise along with the sound of someone walking into the kitchen. Standing in the doorway was my girl Ashling, she looked so much better now that she was rested and that made me feel better.

"Sleep well?" I asked her as we ate the sandwiches.

"Yes and it was much needed. Thank you." She answered quietly.

Soon after eating we headed off the the pub for a much needed night out. It looked as if Ashling was having a good time but I could feel something was bothering her. I didn't mention it and we followed a normal routine for us. After the pub closed we sat around and chatted, I knew this was helping Ash a little and that she was enjoying herself.

Ashling's POV:

After a much needed nap Shay and I headed out to the pub to enjoy a night out. Shay and I ended up preforming a little and that was fun, a little odd at the same time though for I had never preformed with someone other then my deartháir. Just like normal after the pub closed we sat around chatting and enjoying ourselves. This was helping some but I had to much on my mind.

After awhile I was starting to feel rather tired again even though I slept most of the day away. Soon I was resting my head on Shay's shoulder and drifting off to sleep. The chatting around me continued and the time passed quickly or it seemed so to me. It didn't seem like much time had passed when I heard someone whisper in my ear.

"Come on my girl time to wake up we need to head home. Ash honey come on now wake up at least long enough to tell me where the keys are." He pleaded in my ear. I smiled a little and shook my head trying to wake up even just a little to hand him the keys since I had them.

"The keys are on a clip on my hip." I said tiredly. I heard Shay chuckle a little and unclipped the keys from my hip. I was to tired to walk out and Shay must have known that for soon I felt being picked up bridal style. I rested my head on Shay's shoulder as he said goodnight to everyone and carried me out to the truck. I feel asleep while on the ride home and woke up the next morning in my room with Shay laying next to me cradling me in his arms.