The raven king

The raven king, the raven king, who can stop the raven king!

The raven king sits alone, on his throne of hollowed bone.

The raven king, the raven king, who can stop the raven king!

The raven king stands alone, in his halls of human bone.

The raven king, the raven king, who can stop the raven king!

In the fields of golden brown, there stood a girl who made no sound.

Mocking bird, mocking bird, she can stop the raven king!

She rolled the earth, and tilled the soil, working hard with toil.

Mocking bird, mocking bird, the farmers daughter, can she stop the raven king?

Mocking bird got her name, from her gift that she made, to copy the voice of all.

Mocking bird, mocking bird, she can stop the raven king!

One day, the sky grew black! wind it whipped and curled, all the golden brown away, and turned the earth a tarry black.

The raven king, the raven king, he comes upon a stormy wing!

He cawed and crowed! he cackled and shrieked, a man in dire agony.

The raven king, the raven king! save us from his deadly embrace!

While others fled and ran, mocking bird stayed and watched.

Mocking bird, mocking bird, run and flee, or the raven king will have your bones!

The raven king, let loose his glee, landed where she did not flee, and said in a voice, weathered and cracked "you did not flee, this is good for me, ill turn your bones to decor, say your final words!"

Mocking bird smiled and said, exactly what the king had said!

Shocked and angry, he declared "you mock me child?! how you dare! ill kill you here with a single thrust, and turn your bones to crusted dust!"

Again mocking bird repeated all he had said, the raven king growled and shook his head, he stepped forward and raised his taloned hand, but again, mocking bird did not flee.

Confused the king stayed his hand, did this girl not fear the cruelest of cruel men? had she no sense of terror or fear? or did her life she held not dear?

Mocking bird waited and tilted her head, waiting to hear what next he said.

The king frowned and asked instead "you mock and annoy with your silly trick! what makes you think you shall be missed?"

Mocking bird smiled a sad smile and said "I repeat what you say! think back on what I said, I may have copied you, but the words have come, from your own head"

The raven king snarled and raised his hand, but still it did stay, no blood did he spill, he waited and said, when no sound she did make.

"Why do you not flee? terror and I go hand in hand, do you not fear the monster of all lands?"

Mocking bird shook her head, then said with surest of sincerity "why be afraid, when one does not understand truth, and lives under a false lie?"

"Can you not see? can you not understand, that every word you do speak is a line from your own soul!"

The raven king stumbled back, his soul growing heavy, his heart burning hurt, he gave a craw and took flight, the sky going blue, the earth going gold, and through this story told a moral does unfold.

Beware of what you become, and beware the words you speak, your soul in them will out pour, beware and speak with care, for judgement will come from the words you speak.