Settling in for the afternoon, they opened Julian's laptop, connecting to the internet and opening tabs to his favourite stores.
"Since you and Chris are moving in...eventually, you may as well pick some pieces of furniture you'll enjoy using. We'll ask Christ tonight."
"Okay, i can cope with that," they snuggled in front of the open fire, scanning through pages of what he needed. Putting various items in the shopping cart, some making Virginia look at him twice.
"Oh hush, i can afford it."
"I didn't say anything."
"I heard your thoughts."
"You daft sod," she rolled her eyes and smirked. "What are you going to do with..."
"Anything saveable will go to be repaired and passed on to a charity to on sell."
"Rich and kind. No wonder i like you so much, Julian."
"Nice to know," he put the laptop on the coffee table turning and pushing Virginia back on the couch, laying half on top and half beside her and began nibbling her left ear, making her giggle. One arm went around his waist the other cupping his bearded face.
"I love your beard, so soft yet not. Bit like your cock," he tickled her and she wriggled beneath him, feeling him throb she push up.
"What you do to me," he growled.
"Time for secrets?"
"Did you pack any toys?" he mouthed her nipples through her top, they instantly hardened.
"I don't own any," she squealed, he brushed kisses up her throat and devoured her lips in a deep throated kiss, making her moan.
He pulled back staring down at her. "I wouldn't mind that mouth of yours around my cock again."
"I don't really know what I'm doing, and..."she laughed, "I'm hungry...for food."
"Damn, he sat up, helping her into a sitting position before adjusting himself. Virginia giggled. "It's all right for you, you don't have a hard dick to walk around with."
"We can order online."
"I prefer to take you out to dinner in the city and then visit Chris."
"God is it that late already." She jumped off the couch, grabbing her case heading for the bedroom, throwing it on the bed she flipped it open pulling out a wrap dress and matching heels.
"You don't have to change," he smiled turning her and kissing her forehead.
"I'm changing, now go away. I'll be ready in ten."
"This i have to see. It usually takes a woman hours."
"Not me mate, I'm a change and let's go type of girl." Shimmering out of her jeans and blouse dropping them to the floor she stepped into the wrap dress and heels, stepped over to the mirror, brushed her long hair in to a chignon and wiped gloss over her lips. "Ready." she twirled around, grabbing a jacket and ran down the stairs.
"How the hell can you run in heels."
"Practice," she laughed. "Hurry up, i hope you called the driver."
"Of course," he shrugged into his coat, opening the door, escorting her to the car.

They were laughing, holding hands walking down the street towards St Guys when they were mugged. Virginia screamed, nearly falling, Julian grabbed her as she kicked off her shoes and swung into action, kicking one mugger in the balls and laying the other flat on the ground with a roundhouse kick, before Julian could say boo to a goose.
Julian grabbed the guy nursing his balls, removing his tie and tying his hands together, the other man moaned on the floor so Virginia...who'd replaced her heels...pressed her stiletto down on his throat while Julian called the cops.
"Remind me not to cross you anytime soon."
"Sorry. I sort of lose the plot when people attack me."
They were both laughing by the time the cops arrived. Both who looked on bewildered for a moment as they stepped out of their car.
"What's going on?"
"They tried to mug us, my darling girlfriend took them down before i could say or do anything. This one may have bruised balls, and that one was unconscious for a short while."
"Get us the hell away from them." whimpered the bruised guy.
"Well, that'll teach you." He read them their rights, putting them into the back of their car. "I'll need a statement from you both."
"Can we do this in the morning? We're meant to be visiting a friend at St Guy's."
"I'll have your names then."
"Julian Vere and Virginia Costello," he replied.
"My boss was looking for you two earlier. Did you forget something?"
"Damn," said Virginia, "seems we now owe them two statements."
"By the way mention this to your boss. They could be connected. We promise to be in tomorrow."
"Good. Make sure you do."

Arriving at Christopher's room, they heard voices so waited outside...until one voice got too loud and angry.
"You've got to be fucking kidding me," he yelled.
Opening the door, they stepped inside. Julian glared at the man while Virginia spoke.
"Keep your voice down, some patients are trying to sleep."
"Who the fuck are you two?"
"Stop snarling Travis."
"You're the flatmate."
"Make that was. He's moving in with some asshat in the fucking penthouse."
"I wonder why?" Julian smirked.
"Not a fucking clue. There's no way i can afford the rent on my own." he sat down sulking, "It's not fair he gets all the luck."
"Having the crap beaten out of him is luck?"
"Fuck no. He's a mess, but somebody wants him."
"Don't fall for that line, Julian. He uses it to get what he wants all the time."
"I see you're feeling a bit better, Chris."
"Yeah, still sore."
"You're the penthouse asshat then," Travis muttered.
"Yes. I think you've insulted me enough for one day. When you're in a better mood call me," he handed Travis a card and indicate he leaves.
"Whatever," he slouched out of the room.
"Travis is still in University mode. He'll grow up one day."
"When are they releasing you?"
"A couple more days and then I can go home. Mind I'll have to be careful for a few weeks. Nothing too strenuous," he smirked.
"Funny man. You just get better. We'll collect you when you're ready to leave here."
"What no more visits?"
"Nope," Julian looked at Virginia with a cheeky grin. "More research," he murmured making Virginia blush.
"Right." he laughed. Get, both of you. I'll call you when the doctor says ok."