I blink at him a few times, "Dude, you've gotta stop becoming Eskimo brothers with me."

His grinning expression falters and his normal, confused look takes its place. "Wait, what is 'Eskimo brothers'?"

Roger and I glance at one another and start to chuckle, hiding our responses in our beers as Dino complains about what we're talking about.

--

The next day at school, I start on my way to her locker after third period. Roger wasn't wrong when he said the football team was already after her. I noticed her sitting at their table at lunch today, just for a brief few minutes, but that's all it takes.

I've got my sights set on her for this month, and I'm not about to let some jock take away my game.

She's at her locker now, strawberry blonde hair yet again set atop a black leather jacket. Roger's comment of her being an army brat pops into my mind as I trail my eyes down to her camouflage pants that hug her legs in all the right places. Her lipstick is the perfect shade of red to go with her entire look; just grunge enough to get guys drooling but with the perfect feminine flare.

She knows how to make herself look good, and she knows how to set herself apart from the average cheerleader.

Before I can reach her, however, I'm stopped by a junior known for one thing; Busty Betty.

"Hey Rhett," she says, her voice tainted with a slimmer of shakiness from nerves that takes away from her beautiful body.

I like confidence. This girl lacks it.

"Betty Janson, right?" I ask, shifting my eyes back to Josephine to make sure she's still at her locker.

She puts her shoulders back, accentuating her already perky girls and forcing them closer to my line of sight.

"So, about your game," she starts, and I place my attention back on her, "I notice you haven't had any requests in the last couple of weeks."

I narrow my eyes slightly and calmly smile, "Betty, I appreciate the concern, but the next player will not be you."

She can't be that shocked I said no. She isn't the first girl I have turned down. I don't agree to just anyone, I have to be attracted to them and be willing to give up a month of my life to them. And though Betty is absolutely gorgeous and her nickname is perfectly placed, Josephine has a certain flare I can already tell few others have.

I would only be hurting myself if I didn't go after her.

Betty seems astounded that I turned her down. Her jaw drops and she literally scoffs, a throaty breathy exclamation, and places her hand on her popped out hip.

"Who, then?" She spits out speedily.

I smirk and set my gaze back on Josephine, nodding once towards her.

"Her."

With that, I move past Betty and complete my walk towards Josephine. I casually slide in next to her, leaning my shoulder against the lockers.

"Josephine Chapman," I start with a smirk already on my lips, "it has been-"

I get cut off from the shutting of her locker, "Joey," she says. Even from one word I can sense an air of confidence radiating off of her.

I quirk a brow and my smirk deepens, "My mistake," I say smoothly. "Joey. Cute."

I have to say, I've never met a girl with the name Joey before. But, there's definitely something sexy about it.

Joey mirrors me with a smirk and her brown eyes, accentuated even more with her dark eye makeup, catch mine. "Rhett Calvetti I'm assuming?"

"Don't act like you haven't heard of me," I breathe out.

She tilts her head as a sort of challenge, "And if I have?"

I move slightly closer, towering over her figure. This girl isn't short, she must be at least 5'7" or 5'8", but standing at 6'5" I am still much taller.

"Then you already know why I'm here," I say lowly, accepting her flirtatious challenge.

"I'm afraid I'll need a proper invitation," she says. She barely bites her lip, but it's more than enough to have my full attention.

I'm a little surprised by the ease of her reply, but it just excites me.

"What do you think this is?" I ask with a smooth smile, "Joey," adding her name for a more personal effect. I've played my game enough to figure out what different types of girls like.

"A lame attempt," she hums, unamused. "From the rumors, I expected this to be a bit more....extravagant."

"Extravagant?"

"You know, some fireworks, a banner, a band following me around trying to serenade me," she says.

I smirk, "Babe, if that's what it takes consider it done."

Her lips mirror mine, but she doesn't respond.

"I've only waited this long to make this fair. Let you learn about me while I learn some stuff out about you," I say.

"Oh?" She says, quirking a brow, "And what have you learned?"

I step even closer, much closer than two new acquaintances should stand, and smile at her. "Enough to have me wanting to learn more."

She lifts a brow, clearly impressed with my response. "So then, what are the rules?"

"Simple. We can only win if we both fall mutually in love. You lose if you fall for me and I don't fall for you, and vise versa," I recite as I have countless times before.

"Sounds rather cliche, don't you think?" She muses, brown eyes flickering with interest.

Shame she has brown eyes. Joey is undeniably sexy, but I've always been a blue eye kind of guy.

I shrug, "Cliche or not, I can guarantee it's nothing short of fun. For both parties."

Joey is quiet for a few moments, debating whether or not she wants to sign the unwritten contract and play my game. But I already know her answer. I'm sure this silence is simply her trying to put up a front that she's not dying to play with me just like I'm dying to play with her.

I take in her outfit once more; this clear badass persona she wants Clear Lake to accept her with. I wonder if she thinks this attitude will make her any different to me. I've challenged girls of all personality types; Joey will be no different. Just because she's new doesn't mean anything. Well, other than she may bring some new stuff to the bedroom. If she's moved around a lot, being a military brat, then I'm sure she's picked up some techniques I've yet to experience.

"Well, Rhett Calvetti, looks like you've got yourself a new player," she finally says with a sense of confidence that has me wanting to take her right here.

I grin devilishly and smoothly take her phone from her back pocket. I snake my hands around her waist, dropping one to her back pocket to pull it out. She doesn't take her seductive eyes from mine, the ghost of a smirk in place on her lips, and I put my number in her phone.

I send her a wink and go to place her phone back where I got it, but she places her hand out and sends me an expectant look. I chuckle and place it in her open hand, pushing off of the wall before sauntering away.

"I'll pick you up at eight, Joey."

This is going to be one hell of a ride.

Vote and comment

Quick note: Dino's name is pronounced "Dee-no" and Rhett is like "red" but with a "t"