four

originally published: december 29th, 2018

Make a move before someone else does.

Anne's words stuck with Harry throughout the next week, ringing loud in his head whenever he saw Louis.

The boy seemed to grow more attractive every day and Harry was losing his mind. How was he supposed to make a move? All he could do was watch Louis from afar, fantasizing what if would be like to Louis' boyfriend.

Heck, Harry would love to just be Louis' platonic friend. Just to be able to talk to Louis and hang out with him would be Harry's dream come true. But all Harry could do was stare. If staring intensely at Louis Tomlinson was a competitive sport, Harry would be winning. But it wasn't and the only thing Harry was winning at was making himself fall harder and harder for the blue-eyed boy.

Harry was tempted to go to the library and find a book called How To Make A Hot Guy Fall In Love With You Even Though He Is Too Perfect For You because he seriously needed some real and professional guidance. He was sure there was no way he could make Louis fall in love with him, because why would a gorgeous, perfect, beautiful blue-eyed angel fall in love with an idiot frog?

Harry usually had a charm around other people. He made friends easily and people liked him. He could make friends with anyone he wanted, because who wouldn't want to be the friend of a popular jock like Harry?

But with Louis, Harry had zero luck. Louis wasn't like other people - he was so quiet and mysterious and Harry had never tried making friends with people like that. He was pretty sure he would fail if he tried - he'd be a stuttering mess before he could even say a proper sentence.

"I hate this," he groaned, slamming his textbook on the table. He and Liam were at Harry's house, studying.

"What?" Liam asked, looking up from his textbook.

"I hate the fact that I can't get closer to Louis because he's so intimidating," Harry said.

"He's not intimidating. Have you seen him? He's cute and adorable and shy and everything, you just think he's intimidating because he's quiet and mysterious. He's like a hedgehog."

"A hedgehog?" Harry looked confused.

Liam rolled his eyes. "Come on, Haz. Hedgehogs look dangerous from the outside because they're prickly but in reality they're so cute and soft and cuddly. Just like Louis."

"Ohhhhh." Harry nodded slowly. "I get it."

"All you need to do is initiate more conversation with Louis instead of staring at him all day," Liam said, returning to his textbook.

"But he'll think I'm stupid and -"

"Come on, it doesn't really matter if he thinks you're stupid in the beginning," Liam cut him off. "Imagine if you guys got married and had kids - it would be a great story to tell, right? When I first met your dad I thought he was the biggest idiot in the world!"

Harry suddenly turned bright red, and said in a small voice, "Get married and have kids with Louis?" He envisioned him and Louis with a family, and his heart thumped rapidly.

"Oh for goodness' sake, look at this little lovesick fool." Liam couldn't help but smile at the expression on Harry's face. "You're blushing so hard at the mention of marrying Louis and starting a family with him."

Harry could only grin at him.

*****

"I hate this!" Harry groaned again, a couple hours later.

"Hm?" Liam looked up from his textbook again, yawning. He was so tired.

"I hate studying. This is so stupid, I'm going to fail this test, why do we even need to have a test?" Harry complained. "I'm just gonna give up, I'm going to fail anyway."