Chapter Thirty - Liquor

Start from the beginning

"I bet you are, but guess what? I'm here to cry wit' you and whenever you decide to fuck Omari up, I'll be yo' partner in crime."

I smiled a bit before letting out a shaky breath. "So.. Omari came over last night. I was happy on the inside 'cause I missed him so much, but I played it off with an attitude because I was tired of his disappearin' acts." A lump formed in my throat causing tears to roll down my face for the millionth time. "I thought he came to see me to say sorry, but.."

       "What his ass do?" Queen questioned with an upset expression.

      "He broke up with me." I broke down and covered my face with my hands.

        "Imma beat his dumb ass." Queen spat as she pulled me into her embrace.

         She rubbed my back as I leaned against her, trying to stop crying because I was sick of it. I don't like crying and I never have. Ever since I was younger I always tried to keep my feelings inside, but in situations like this I couldn't control myself.

        "He said it was for me, but that's what I don't get. How can you do something for me that I don't want to be done?"

"What was his so called reason for breakin' up with you?" She asked.

"Keepin' me safe. Stopping harm from comin' my way." I dryly answered.

She busted out laughing causing me to roll my eyes and stand up from the toilet.

       "I wish he was here, so I could smack him upside his damn head. It don't matter if y'all broken up or not they still gon' know he love you wit' all his heart. Shit, we knew that when he was actin' all clueless and what not."

"I tried to tell him that in a different way, but he didn't care. You know if it isn't his way, then there's no way."

Queen shook her head, "So how did y'alls whole conservation end?"

"Horrible." I sniffed as I grabbed some tissue. "Mainly because of me. I was yellin', cryin', and tellin' him I hate him."

        I blew my nose as she gave me a stale face. "Knowin' you'll never hate that nigga."

"I know." I roll my eyes at the thought.

        "He hasn't tried to call or text you since last night?"

        I threw my used tissue away in my mini trash can before walking out of the bathroom with Queen trailing behind me. I powered my phone on and unlocked it once my lock screen showed up. It began dinging from multiple notifications, two coming from Omari.

          I couldn't lie and say I wasn't happy about seeing that he attempted to get a hold of me, but I'm still pissed off at him.

I opened up his notifications aka text messages.

Hubby💍🤞🏽: You hate me now?

Hubby💍🤞🏽: I meant it when I said I'm doing this shit for you.. you might think this breakup isn't gonna change anything since you have the key to my heart and I agree it won't completely stop problems for you, BUT it will lessen the drama and harm that comes along w/ me. I promised myself when you popped back up into my life that I'll protect you at ANY cost. Even if that cost is your love for me. Love to me is sacrificing something meaningful to you for someone and I'm willing to do that, Lanae. I love you more than life itself and I hope you'll be able to understand that someday.