Chapter Thirty - Liquor

_______________

There's something in this liquor

The air is gettin' thicker

I can't help but to stare at you

Oh yeah, girl what did you do?

Tell me

What did you slip up in my cup, girl? - Chris Brown

_______________

Short Chapter.
Excuse Errors.
Next Night.

Lanae

Sadness

Sadness.

Pain.

Anger.

Numbness.

Emotions I felt all day, up until tonight.

         I gazed at myself in the mirror and noticed my puffy red eyes that I gained from crying all day. I shed so many tears today, I don't think my eyes could handle forming any more.

"She been emotional all day, so that's why I think it's best for you to be here. You know.. to comfort her 'cause she won't talk to me." I heard my dad's voice by the entrance of my bedroom.

I couldn't see who he was talking to since I had my bathroom door shut, but I'm guessing it's Queen.

I heard a knock on the bathroom door as I listened to my bedroom door close. "Hey, Nae. It's me, Queen.. can I come in?"

I closed my eyes, getting my emotions in tact before turning around and unlocking the door for her. I pulled it ajar and went to sit down on the closed lid toilet.

Queen entered and studied my appearance. We remained silent for a while before she sighed, "What happened, Lanae?"

I stared at her blankly before shrugging my shoulders. "Still tryna process whatever happened in my head."

She noticed my hoarse voice and shook her head. "Who the hell had you cryin' all day, Nae? Is it Lucky?"

I nodded my head. "Who else can put me in my feelings like him?"

She noticed I wasn't trying to go into detail like I normally do, so she walked closer to me before sitting on the edge of my tub. "Girl, talk to me. I hate when you do this."

I gazed down at my acrylic nails and started picking at them. "I don't wanna think about what happened.. I wanna forget about it, but I know I can't since it's the only thing runnin' through my mind." My voice cracked as my eyes began to sting. I looked up at Queen and said, "I'm tired of cryin'."