"That's what it felt like and I can't stop thinking about it." He sighs, and pulls me close, hugging me.

"I know. Tia calm down. That guy probably has issues." He says, calmly and I calm down. Being in Rays arms made me feel so much better. I smile and so does he. He gets up and pulls out the yearbook.

"Look at us back then always made you laugh." He says. I grab it and open it going to the back. I turn the pages. I point at the poetry club.

"Look! There goes Sarah!" I point at my old bestfriend. Then I notice him.

"Hey; his name was... Jacob Perez?" I say, confused.

"Oh! Yeah." Ray says. I look closer. Jacob had acne, glasses and braces then. But him and Alex had the same skin tone, and curly hair.

"Jacob was cutting himself in the bathroom because of me. And the one big cut he had, it was the same as Alex's..." I say. My eyes go big. No! This could not be!

I run to my room getting my laptop searching up pictures of Alex. I compare then and Rays eyes go big.

"Alex is Jacob?!" He says, looking back and forth. "Hell yeah. That's dude! He's a sex guy now?" He asks. I just sit in silence.

"Oh, my God. This is crazy as fuck. Back then, I rejected him because I was irritated and he kept asking me out. And he was cutting in the bathroom. Now I see why he was mean to me. I just can't believe this." I say, closing my laptop. Ray just shakes his head.

So this was the real reason he's been rude to me. I was rude to him. I didn't give him a chance, even though I wanted too...

Flashback, back to High School...

I blow my long curly hair out my face, trying to get my book out of my locker. Since I was short, it took me a while. I was already pissed the fuck off, only because my mom burned all my new clothes I bought because I had a D in math.

"Here," Jacob says, getting my book for me. I look up at him, and he smiles with his braces shining. I was very popular in school, so it was weird being seen with him, but I actually liked him. He was nice, and he had a good future ahead of him. We studied together and he helped me with my grades. Except math.

"Thanks." I say with a slight attitude. I was still pissed from my mom.

"Um. Prom is coming up and I would like to know if.... If you would want to go with me?" He asks. I look down, tieing my shoes pretending I didn't hear him. I didn't want to answer him. I didn't know what to say.

"Um. Tia. Would you go to prom with me?" He asks, raising his voice.

"Shh! Damn Jacob! No! Shit leave me alone!" I yell. He looks shocked and all attention is on us. He quickly walks away and everyone laughs. I sigh looking back. People pulls out their camera following him. I gasp. I quickly realize I didn't have to do that. I run to wear people is going. I see Ray and grab his hand.

"Ray Ray! Quick help me kick down the door!" I say trying to open. We both kick at the door. It opens and I run inside with Ray behind me.

"Jacob I am so-" I say, slipping on blood and Ray catches me before I can fall. I gasp looking at all the blood and I see Jacob crying with a deep cut in his wrist. I start crying and he looks at me emotionless.

~~~

I sigh. Ray just grabs my hand. "I had no idea that was Jacob. I wonder why he choose to do what he did."

I get up, going to get my phone and I text him.

Look, I've figured it out. I know it's you... Jacob Perez. Can we talk on Thursday? You can meet me at that coffee shop. Please.

I walk around waiting for his response. He texts back.

When?

I text back.

At 3 PM.

He texts back.

Sure.

Thursday was 4 days away. I wanted to give him time, cause dammit I needed it. I had to prep myself for this.