||2||

ADRINE'S POV
//////////////////////////

I was sitting in my room trying to finish my song. I was in the perfect mood to write this son too, I wasn't too depressed to the point where it was impossible to do anything, but I was the perfect blend of depressed and for some reason slightly confident.

I just realized I probably sound insane, eh oh well, you'll get over it. Anyways, this is what I have written down so far.

They send me away
To find I'm a fortune, a chest filled with diamonds and gold
The house was awake, with shadows and monsters
These hallways they echoed and groaned
I sat alone, in be till the morning
I'm crying their coming for me
And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
My mind's like a deadly disease
I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones
And all the kids cried out, "Please stop your scarin' me!"
I can't help the awful energy
God damn right you should be scared of me
Who is in control?

I liked it so far but I wasn't 100% sure. I groaned and called Tom. He answered almost instantly.

"Hey Adrine, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Not much, I'm gonna put you on face time so if your naked put some cloths on." I said making Tom laugh.

I put him on video chat and propped my phone up on my nightstand.

"So what's up?" He asked. I groaned slightly.

"I'm working on my song and I think I like it I'm just not completely sure." I explained.

"Okay sing it to me." Tom said. I did and once I was done I watched his facial expression like a hawk. To my relief he smiled.

"It's coming along quite nicely." He said, the smile still on his face.

"Tooooommmm." I groaned.

"What darling?" He asked.

"I'm bored and I have literally nothing else to do all day." I said quickly.

"Well, later today Hemsworth and I are going to a bar to eat and maybe dance a little." He said.

When he said they were gonna eat I almost paniced a little. I calmed myself down and said if I had to eat anything, I'd throw it up instantly after.

"Umm yeah, when is this going down?" I asked.

"Well it's about 3:35 now, so I'll come to your house and we can meet Chris at the bar." He said.

"Okay. Should I dress up at all?" I asked. Tom shook his head.

"Wear something you can dance in." He said.

I smiled slightly.

"Okay." I responded.

"Okay now get ready I'm be there soon." Tom says better hanging up.

I wanted to my dresser and put on a pastel mint green baggy longish crop top, paired with black overall shorts, and my black Converse.

I say at the kitchen counter scrolling through my Instagram feed. I continued to do this for who knows how long when my door opened.

"You ready to go darling?" Tom asked.

I shut my phone off and nodded.

"Of course." I said as I grabbed my jacket and wanted to the door. Tom closed it behind us and opened the passenger door of his car for me. I say down and buckled up. Tom got in his side and started driving with ease.

I leaned back in the seat and put a have on my stomach. It was getting flatter everyday.

After a few minutes Tom pulled into the bar. They both got it and wanted into the building. Chris was waiting for them at one of the high tables.

"Adrine, Tom, I missed you guys." He says as they sat down.

"Missed you too Chris." I replied. We all made since small talk before a waitress can't over and agreed Tom and I what we wanted to drink. I ordered an unsweetened iced tea, and Tom got a carona light.

I took a drink of my water and looked over at Tom. And sated unconsciously started quietly singing my song.

"I've never heard that one before? Did you write it?" Chris asked. I nodded a little and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm still tinkering with it a little, I can't figure out what I was the title to be." I said.

"Well sing it for me." Chris said. I smiled and gladly safe my song for him.

"Can it Control." He said casually taking a drink if his beer.

"That matches the song quite nicely." Tom said. I thought for a moment.

"Yeah it does. Control it is." I said.

The night went by rather quickly. We ate, I had a salad for dinner, that I went to the bathroom and threw up almost instantly after.

Now Tom and I were on our way back to my place. I was leaned back in the car humming Control to myself.

"How have you been feeling lately?" Tom agreed randomly. The question caught me a little of guard, to be completely honest, I was doing horrible. I had been having better moments of Hope and happiness for the past month or two but that was it. All I wanted to do was tell Tom about it, but I felt as if I couldn't. I wanted to tell him more than anything, god did I want to tell him.

"I've been okay." I lied. Tom formed slightly like he didn't believe me.

"Adrine, I know you, I know when something is wrong. You know I'm always here right?" She agreed looking at me for a moment before looking back to the road. I nodded.

"Of course I know that Tom, and I promise I'm okay. Your best friend senses must be confused." I joked, trying to lighten the mood and change the subject. Tom still didn't look like he believed me, but he doesn't pry anymore.

If I had just told his what was wrong right then and there I would have saved both of us so much pain and trouble.