Chapter 1: A Bad Impression

Shiro's Pov

6:30 PM WED

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I stopped in my tracks and pulled it out.

"Shiro, You shouldn't be having your phone with you in a mission..." Gio suddenly spoke behind me as he stepped inside the van.

"Uh yeah, Sorry. I forgot to leave it in my locker..."

"Just answer the damn call already before the chief sees you" He groaned and sat inside.

I grinned at him and pressed the green button and placed it beside my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello?Nee-chan? Are you busy?"

"Oh,Ema. uhm... I can give you a minute or so to talk. Do you need anything? Is there something wrong?" I asked as I walked a little farther from the Van.

"Are you...uhm...Ukyo-nii is aking if you can come home tonight..." I sighed and glanced at chief who was quickly approaching.

"Sorry, But I'll be in a mission tonight..."I explained.

It's been two days since we moved in to the Asahina's and it's been two days and two nights since I last came home. I haven't been able to get out of work since we're preparing for a certain mission which is tonight.

"Again? Can't you atleast visit?" She pleaded.

"I'm not sure " I told her sadly. We do have some paperworks to finish after the mission.

"Shiro!! Chief is here!!" I heard Gio shout making me turn my head towards him. I gave him a thumbs up and went back to my phone.

"It looks like you're being called now Nee-chan. I guess you need to go now" She stated sadly making me feel guilty. Ahh damn it.

"I'm sorry, Ema. I'll try, but I think I'll come home late. Before midnight at most" I told her. And even though I can't see her, I can picture her looking suprised and happy.

"Really?!" she said excitedly making me giggle.

"Yup! Well, I need go now! Take care!!"

I ended the call not waiting for her to react anymore since I saw chief already walking towards me with a annoyed look.

"Shiro!!" He screamed and I hurriedly ran towards the Van.

"Hai Chief!" I shouted.

~*~*~

Ema's POV

I closed my phone and looked at Ukyo-nii who is waiting for my answer.

"I think she's about to go on field tonight. But she said, if she ever comes tonight she'll be home late..." I smiled weakly after I explained.

Ukyo-nii sighed and returned a smile.

"Is she always this busy?" He asked me.

"Yeah. She's a workaholic and she rarely gets any sleep. It worries me sometimes..." I said sadly but then I shrugged it off.

I shouldn't be like this. I know Shiro-nee is capable of taking care of herself. Anyway, It's Subaru's birthday and I shouldn't ruin the mood. I looked at Ukyo-nii and smiled at him.

"Anyway, I'll go start making the cake now..." I told him and he nodded with a smile.

I went to the kitchen and started making the cake. I should make it great since it's been a long time since I last made a cake. I think it was 6 months ago since I last made a cake and it was with Nee-chan.