Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean, Albus?" The other clipped.

"I felt her body dealing with the remnants of the Cruciatus on her –" he started, "And the Imperius."

"How dare they!" The woman rolled in pure Scottish fury.

"I snuck into her mind with Legilemency, but found that her memory has been modified –" he sighed, "with Dark Magic several layers of it. I didn't dare dig deeper without doing any further damage."

"The poor girl –" The woman said sadly. "Any other news?"

"I did see Miss Weasley. She didn't cry when her mother told her that her father was dead. She had struggled with her own pain as well." He pinched his nose. "I think she was raped, and when she complained, nothing was done. She wouldn't say, and I slightly peeked into her mind, but all I saw were people in White masks and Dark Robes."

"Does her mother know?" Minerva asked.

"She suspects, but it is not my right to share Weasley's secret." Albus replied. "Luna Lovegood had been beaten and stolen from several times. The Head Girl, Lisa Turpin had led some cruel bullying on her."

Albus was quiet for a minute before he continued. "I believe that Susan Bones did not enroll at Hogwarts this last year. She was either missing or was in hiding. Granger and Ronald Weasley remain in hiding. The Patils came back, but I smelled Dark Magic on them too – and they went back to India now. Hogwarts is being taken from within."

"I still hope to have a long discussion with Regina Fawley," Albus said, "But her guardianship has changed and it is highly classified. I don't know where to find her. I had hoped she could be saved and would help us."

"There is no hope then," Minerva replied.

+ + + +

Regina returned to school for her fourth year, and that year went just as the third year had gone. She continued to take the same courses, continued to get O's on everything. She didn't corrupt any new Gryffindors but the Junior Death Eaters worked more openly among them thanks to Natalie McDonald and one of her roommates who joined that fold.

During Fourth Year, Regina dated Graham Pritchard for a time, but it never was serious. Regina was quite firm in telling him that her family had bigger plans for her courtship.

She spent the summer between Fourth and Fifth year almost exclusively in the company of the Lestranges. She had a room at their home and no illusion was given to anyone that Regina was seen in their company. Her tutoring in the Dark Arts with Bellatrix grew exponentially in the summer. Nearing the end of summer, she was called to the Headmaster's office for a meeting.

"Miss Fawley," Professor Snape said as she entered.

"Professor – " she replied.

"First of all," he offered as he handed her the OWL scores and her Hogwarts letter, "Congratulations on being the Slytherin Prefect for 5th year."

Regina had her first real smile in a while. One of the reasons Regina had sought this road was because the Prefect Badge had been denied Harry Potter for Ronald Bilius Weasley.

"I also believe," he said, "That it would be unnecessary to enroll you in any of the Dark Arts classes I am offering. I could personally tutor you, but I believe you learn more during your summers than you would further with me."

"I will be giving you the Beginners Course on Dark Arts to teach this year." He stated. "And if that goes well," he continued, "I plan to give you the Intermediary Course during sixth and seventh year. Now you may pick any of your advanced students to help you."

"I would like Romilda Vane and Jillian MacDougal," she replied firmly.

Professor Snape nodded. "They both do well. I will ask for Miss Zabini to assist me in my Intermediary Course."

Professor Snape looked at her for a long long time. "I feel the need to warn you."

At this Regina arched her perfect eyebrows. "The former Headmaster has been looking for you. He hopes to get his hands on you."

Regina shook her head. "It can't happen before Graduation, but maybe we should arrange for him to gain some access afterwards?"

Professor Snape narrowed his eyes. "Do not underestimate him, even in his old age."

"I do not," She replied, "But our Lord has been telling me that I must confront him before he will give me the Mark. Apparently, he has heard of his interest in me. I have been getting hands off dueling training from Mrs. Lestrange as well."

"Well, if any student is prepared for such a battle, it will be you, but be careful."

"Speaking of our circle of Death Eaters," he continued, "What are your plans for the Juniors this year?"

"My boyfriend," she smirked, "Continues to think he runs them."

Professor Snape smirked.

"However," she replied, "Jillian, Azure, and I have been making all the decisions."

"Is Miss MacDougal firmly in your grasp now?"

Regina sighed. "I need to cement the relationship this school year."

"She spends lots of time in a Light House during the Holidays," he said.

"Maybe that should be changed as well." She replied.