Chapter 2. A Brilliant Birthday

The first thing I do when I wake up is check my phone. I have a missed call from my parents, and grandparents. I have 11 texts. One is from Luke. Three are from one of my best friends since elementary school, Anne. One is from another of my bestfriends, Phillip. We have been best friends since middle school. The rest are from some friends that only talk to me on holidays. I check Luke's first.

"good morning love, happy birthday! see you tonight -luke xx"

I smile while I read it and shoot him a text back.

"morning! thanks :) where are we goin? -blake xx"

"its a surprise ;) you'll see tonight -luke xx"

I answer the other texts and call my family back. Then I go downstairs to grab some coffee.

When I enter the kitchen, I see a large gift on the counter. I smile when i read the tag.

"to: Blake

from: your lovable band mates"

I unwrap the box and open it up. There are several bags of m&ms, every kind of sour patch kids, sour skittles, reese's cups, and 3 different types of chocolates. I squeal, because they got me all of my favorite candies. They are the best friends I could ask for.

Josh runs in the kitchen yelling, "Are you ok?!" I guess he heard my awkward squeal.

"Yeah," I giggle "thanks."

"No problem."

At that moment Marie and Bailee join us.

"Good morning birthday girl!" Bailee exclaims.

"Good morning, thanks for my amazing gift! Y'all know me so well." I respond.

"Good thing, considering we live together" Marie jokes. "So, what are you doing today?"

"Well, since I have the date tonight, I want to spend the day with you guys. And I need to find something to wear tonight."

"Yay! That means we are taking you shopping! We will take you to get a cute dress, and I'm buying you some lingerie just in case he gets lucky enough to take off your dress." Bailee says with a smirk and a giggle.

"Hey!" I yell, but I don't protest. Who would? "Thanks guys y'all are going to make this the best birthday ever."

We go shopping and I get the cutest dress and matching shoes! Of course, Bailee and Marie pitch in and buy me some new lingerie along with some new things for themselves. We have had an amazing day, and I can't wait for tonight.

We get home at 4 pm and I am too excited to wait so I go ahead and get ready. I'm wearing http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=5879573&.svc=copypaste&id=131962050

By the time I am done getting ready it is about 5:30 pm, so i sit on the couch with Marie until 6.

I hear the doorbell. I jump up a little too fast. I get dizzy and tell myself to chill out.

I try to calmly walk to the door, but I'm really excited. I open the door and he is standing there with his back turned to me, facing the street.

"Hey Blake," He turns around, "you ready to... woah" His expression is unreadable.

I freeze, suddenly extremely nervous. I turn to go back into the house. He takes my hand and holds it in his own.

"Blake, you look gorgeous."

"Thanks Luke." I say, blushing. Damn, He cleans up pretty well himself.

We get into his car and drive to a park. He gets out and grabs a picnic blanket from the backseat. Then he grabs my hand, and pulls me to a spot in the grass. He lays out the blanket, and motions for me to sit down.