Epilogue

Her head was held high as she strode along the corridor. Her pace was quick but not hurried and her presence was confident but not cocky. She paused outside an office and nodded her head in acknowledgement to the officers standing by. "Name and objective."
"Natalia Romanova reporting post mission." She was buzzed in.
"Wait one moment, the boss will be with you shortly."
"I don't have a moment. Tell Ivan that his little ballerina has returned."

Seconds later she was being escorted in. The room was cold and dark. She stood behind the chair and waited for company. She didn't have to wait long. "Natalia?" A withered old man stood outlined in the doorway.
"What happened?" It wasn't sentiment, it was tactical.
"An accident with the serum. You caused quite the mess when you left."
"But I'm back."
"For how long?"
"I was never gone. I was undercover, deep undercover. If only Madame was alive she'd confirm everything I was saying. I've completed my mission."

Ivan smiled. He crossed to the big armchair and sat down in it, his joints creaking wearily. "You say you are still one of us. Prove it." She nodded and put her right fist over her heart in a salute. She bent on one knee and held up the bloody hydra pin from Alexei along with a ragged circle of fabric. The SHIELD emblem ripped from Barton's uniform. She then turned around and lifted the hair off the back of her neck. There was a small patch hidden beneath her curls that had the numbers 03175 tattooed on the skin. She dropped her hair back down.

Ivan Petrovich looked down at the woman kneeling before him. He extended his hand and she kissed his knuckles, a recognition of authority. He nodded at her. "Welcome back my dear."
"I'm home father."

Far away three bodies were being pulled from out of the river.

A/N So this is it. The end of Entangled in his Snare. I think it goes without saying that there's going to be another one. Thanks to everyone who's bothered to read this, a really big special thanks to everyone who's voted and commented. Thank you Biscuit anonymous00022 red-romanoff84 theredroomwidow MG_writing2703 MiaSky827 Lucky-Lilly and anyone else who has supported me from the start. So that's it. It's the end of the line for now.

~🍂