foolish to the eyes and ears

Ban wakes up later in the afternoon; noticing that Meliodas was not at his side. At first he thought the demon was either taking a shower or getting ready for the day, but he didn't hear anyone in the bathroom or any sign that he was upstairs.

So he quickly went down stairs, having his bare feet stomp on the wooden, red stained stairs. He made it down to where the bar was, and there was no Meliodas in sight. His heart skipped a beat.

He saw a few of the sins gathered around in a group and their faces showed a slight fear and worry. Then Diane noticed Ban and her face changed into even more panic and worry.

Ban walks over the King, Diane, Gowther, Hawk, even Escanor showed his face for once. His appearance was buff, but his face exposed worry, over the pride he always kept up with for years.

"Where's Meliodas...?" Ban starts, and he only gets a response of heads turning away, Diane's eyes becoming hazy. And Hawk speechless, not even giving a snort of his baby pink snout.
"Where is he..?" His tone was more serious than the last.

Then Escanor comes clean. "We don't know...." His arms cross each other, finally making eye contact with Ban.

Escanor sees.... Bloodlust? Sadness? Loss?

He takes a breath then continues, "He was gone when we all woke up, we don't know where, why, or how it happened. We assumed you'd know where he was."

Ban only shakes his head, "Are you saying he's missing?" And, "where the hell is he!?"

Escanor could see pain in Ban's eyes, blinded with loss and sadness. He never knew Ban could get this worked up for the Captain. Ot almost makes him want to pity him, so he shakes his head slowly not in a disrespectful manner.

"Where was the last time you saw him?"

Shit! Ban guilted himself, almost punching his own face cause he felt so damned stupid!

"I don't know where he went, but he got out of the bed waiting on the edge of it. Like he was listening or looking for something, then just left the room leaving the door open."

Leaving the door open... Ban repeats in his head, realizing that Meliodas usually never leaves any door open. A room, front, back door cause he was never spaced out at those times, nor focused on something so hard to make him forget such a 2nd nature thing.

"We can only assume he went outside somewhere, maybe he's still out there taking a breather?" Diane points out.

"No." Ban shakes his head, having his index finger on his chin.

Yet, he was trying to hide the real agony of loss to this. Meliodas is gone; out of reach for his arms to find and hold on to. He can't feel the soft, warm body able to comfort him every single dark, cold night. A lover to look at everyday, every minute of the day and admire them enough to make them absolutely flustered. Damnit, it makes his heart ache in pain, squeezing, clenching and turning like a rubber band twisted with bare fingers, while it's set on fire. Feeling the sting and pain, of the raging fire and leaving deep hurtful scars in the aftermath.

His eyes start to burn, but he wipes the dry tears begging to be let go on the sleeve of his plain red shirt.

They were so close to being together forever, loving each other for as long as they live.

Meliodas..... Wait for me, I still have a future that I wanted so badly with you....

-------
Where's Duke? Diane noticed the human wasn't in the tavern all day and she doesn't know if Ban has noticed either. It worries her a bit.
-