9; Good Thing You Got Those Napkins

Following Grace and Olivia around for a whole day was very..eye opening. I mean, they had girls serve them lunch in the cafeteria! All to try and get on the cheer squad. Which was never gonna happen.

And plus, they were totally oblivious to what I was doing. But by the end of the day, I had gotten pages worth of notes to begin my article.

Which is what I began doing after school at the paper. After the paper ended, I headed out to the football field to watch Matt.

Since the home coming game was coming up this week, all the guys were doing everything they could to get prepared.

"Ladies, practice is over for today! I have a nail appointment to get too!" Grace screeched to the cheer team.

Of course she did. I watched as she headed back towards the school but the rest of the team hung back.

After she was gone, Olivia stood where she did and began instructing the team. They ran through some drills, practiced lifts and different moves.

Hmmm..this would be interesting to include. I grabbed my notepad and began furiously writing down what I saw.

"Someone's in the zone I see," Jon chuckled. "Hey Astrid..how've you been?"

"Go away. I'm not in the mood." I shook my head.

"Look I just wanted to say I'm sorry. That's what you wanted me to say wasn't it?" He shrugged.

"I didn't want you to say anything, actually. You knew exactly what you were doing, in the diner infront of Matt." I pointed.

"That was just a joke, I knew he'd take offense to it. Besides, we weren't even friends, so it shouldn't matter what I say." Jon replied.

"Your right. We weren't." I agreed. "So bye."

I brush past him but he grabs my wrist and turns me around.

"I just wanted to say, the short short time we were almost friends..was nice."

"Y-Yeah..Whatever." I muttered, before turning back around. I met up with Matt and headed back to the school with him.

"In case you forgot, I won't be able to hang out tomorrow after school, cause I'm going to the mall and getting a tux for the dance." Matt reminded.

Crap. The dance. I forgot all about that..

"Oh..right. I-I actually am going to get my dress tomorrow too." I said. "So it works out."

"That's a coincidence, because me and Jacob are going together, so you and Grace should go!" Matt revealed.

"I don't know.." I sighed.

"We could all ride together, grab dinner after or something." He suggested.

I couldn't say no, because that'd make it seem like I don't like her. I mean, she's not my favorite person in the world. But I know the feelings mutual too.

"Sure, why not." I agreed.

- - -

Okay yeah, I was regretting it by now. Grace was the slowest shopper EVER. She took her time going through every rack, while I was scanning the entire store for something that caught my eye.

I finally caved and bought a dark purple dress that ended right above the knees. I also bought a pair of black sandals to match.

And that was at the first store. And Grace still hadn't found anything. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore.

"I'm going to the food court." I said, brushing past her.

"Okay, I'll be there in a while!" She waved, taking clothes off the rack.