𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐎𝐇 𝐀𝐇𝐊𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐀𝐇

Start from the beginning

Wow, how could Dad open it so easily when I tried for like fifteen minutes and it didn't even move an inch? Aha! Sadly I tried to remove it without unpinning the lock/pins thingys.

I could feel fear, as I clutched Nick. We were both clearly afraid of the corpse in the sarcophagus. I took a deep breath and tried to prepare to see the thousands of years old corpse.

Dad with quick movements undone the pin/lock on one side and moved around to do the other side of the sarcophagus.

Then the Pharaoh pushed the top of his sarcophagus and it went sailing into the air and crashed into the tomb wall. He seemed to be very claustrophobic. I would honestly would be too if I was stuck in there for night after night.

The Pharaoh rose out of his sarcophagus in a creepy way showing off his ancient bandages. He turned his head, as Dad found the words to speak. "Hey, uh. How you doing?"

The Pharaoh didn't reply. "Um, sorry to bother you, but, uh, your guys there. Your Jackal guys, can you ask them to back off please, we're not trying to hurt you and they think we are. So CAN YOU DO IT LIKE NOW?!"

My mouth went agape, he screamed at his guards in ancient Egyptian. My head felt strangely light again. It was his oddly familiar voice. Then they fell onto their knees and bowed in respect towards their king. I almost dropped to my knees too, but Nick's firm grip on my waist was stopping me.

"Thank you." Dad breathed, looking around the pillar at us. "Kids.." Dad reached for us, in a tone he had never even used before it was protective.

"Thank you." He turned his head towards us again, clearly scared and how come I was the only one that was able to maintain composure?

Dad backed away as he rose out of his sarcophagus, in an odd manner. Surely he was not going to attack us. "Hmmh!" He screamed, Nick and running to Dad side and clinging onto him.

The Pharaoh started to unwind his bandages, I covered my eyes with my hands but peaked a little because I was curious.

The Pharaoh ripped off his bandages and he was exactly how my visions showed. His curly hair dark brown hair was the same, his soft green eyes, he was still tall, but taller than I could recall, but I suppose I was taller then. His dusty breath fanned my face and I flinched. Although it took a while to notice his eyes seemed more aged, that they had lost the the innocent sparkle I saw in those dreams.

"You would not believe how stuffy it is in there!" He exclaimed, peering at the three of us. He was clearly in a happy mood. He had an odd slight English accent and that confused me. His Egyptian accent had somehow wildered.

I finally had the courage to speak. "W-With respect your majesty, I don't think we wanna know," I added with a smile. He nodded cautiously, almost trying not to scare us. His eyes lingered on me for a few seconds longer. Did I seem familiar to him too?

Nick and I exchanged confused glances. "How can you speak English?" Nick asked. As Pharaoh Ahkmenrah wandered around his tomb. "I went to Cambridge University." I was taken aback for a moment. He went to Cambridge? My mouth fell open.

"You went to Cambridge?" Dad asked, frowning. Dad was confused, just like Nick and I.

"I was on display in the Egyptology Department." Pharaoh Ahkmenrah explained. I nodded impressed, as his eyes settled on me. He seemed a little proud.

"I am Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth kings. Ruler of the Land of my Father's." I felt like he was only addressing Nick and Dad. I think he knew that I knew who he was.

"I am Larry, son of Milton? And, ah, this is my daughter Freya and my son Nick. And we hail from Brooklyn. Well, I do, I mean my kids come out and stay with me on Wednesday's and every other weekend. It was the custody agreement... that.. we.. had."

I laughed at Dad, and Ahkmenrah gave me a rather confused look. It was like he was begging for help.

"Hahahahaha!" I laughed. "Your face was so funny Ahkmen!" My eyes widened at the use of what his mother used to call him. I slapped my forehead in shame. Nick and Dad gave me a confused look. His own eyes widened, in surprise maybe? "Forgive me. Continue, I'm sorry."

"Nick, Ram— Freya, Larry. Guardian's of Brooklyn. I am forever in your debt. Now bestow the tablet upon me so I can assume command of my kingdom." Was I imagining but he almost called me Ramla. The name of the girl in my visions.

Dad tried to speak then I patted his chest. "Let me handle this Daddio." Dad turned to me, "What? You can't do that? It's—"

"It's for the best, I know what I'm doing," I whispered back. I bowed my head in respect and dropped to my knees. "I thought we got past this?" Ahkmenrah whispered, low enough for only myself to hear. Ahkenrah raised an eyebrow, holding out his hand to help me up. I took it and our eyes locked. Nick and Dad were extremely confused. Dad looked at me like, you better explain this to me after we get out of this madness.

"We can't talk about that now," I whispered just loud enough for him to hear. I cleared my throat. "Anyways as my Dad was trying to explain that there are thieves and they stole your tablet and we're stuck in here because they locked us in and we can't get out. We need your help, do you have any ideas to break out?"

Ahkmenrah smiled at me and turned to his guards yelling a command in Egyptian.

EDITED: 24th of December 2019