I walk into school today, saying hi to everyone. But I'm rather unfocused on who I'm greeting as my eyes scan the crowded hall looking for any sign of

Him.

Phil Lester, the most perplexing guy in our school.

He's tried to talk to her
But there's no easy way
Cause every time he raises his voice
She runs away

I've tried to start conversations with him. But every time I try to get close to him, he runs away. Today, I walked up behind him.

"H-" I start, but my words are caught in my throat. Without even turning to look at me, he walks briskly away. I sigh in defeat and go to meet Chris at his locker.

It's impossible to get you off my mind
I think about a hundred thoughts
And you are ninety nine

God, I can't get him off my mind. I watch as he takes notes in class, face all scrunched up in concentration. I see him laugh at something the teacher said, his tongue poking out of the corner of his mouth a little.

He's so adorable. I wonder what it'd feel like to be able to call him mine, to kiss his lips, to hold him in my arms. I have to tell him how I feel. But, I can't. It's just not that simple.

I've understood
That you will never be mine
And that's fine
I'm just breaking inside

*months later*

Third Person POV

And one day
Maybe she'll stay
And start to head over his way

Phil sees Dan standing at his locker and smiles to himself. He's just as adorable as ever. He begins to walk over to Dan.

Dan sees Phil walking towards him and turns to face him. Grinning cheekily.

"Hey there." Dan says, Eyes sparkling with lust and mischief. "What brings you here?"

And one day
She'll look into his eyes
And instead of breaking
She'll call him "mine"

Phil looks into Dan's chocolate brown eyes and smiles. He's even more gorgeous up close. Phil wraps his arms around Dan's neck, grinning like an idiot.

"I just wanted to say hi to my amazing boyfriend, that's all." Phil says. This earns a chuckle from Dan, and they connect their lips into a sweet kiss. It's not angry or rushed, but more sweet and savory. The perfect kiss. When they pull back Phil looks at Dan again.

"I'm so glad you're mine." He whispers.

One day
He'll grab her by the waist
And force them to meet face to face

Dan wraps his arms securely around Phil's waist and pulls them together so their foreheads are resting against each other. He sighs in contentment. Nothing could be better than it is right now. Life is perfect with Phil by his side.

And one day
He'll look into her eyes
And say that "you're my only light"

Dan looks into Phil's eyes. They dazzle a brilliant blue, like sapphires. But, the longer he looks at them, the more he realizes that there are other colors in them. Dan sees tints of green and yellow splashed into Phil's eyes.

Dan can't keep the grin from growing on his face as he looks at Phil. Phil blushes and looks away. Adorable. Dan presses a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"You're my only light, Lion." Dan whisper. He giggles and pecks his lips once again.

"Alright lovebirds break it up." They look up to see Chris and his boyfriend, Pj standing there. Dan rolls his eyes and shoves Chris lightly.

"Shut up you guys aren't any better." Chris just shrugs as Pj and Phil laugh.

Dan walks Phil to his next class and makes sure to kiss him goodbye. He wants Phil to remember that he's loved, always. Phil blushes again and walks into his class, yet another stupid grin on his face.

Everything is okay.

It's impossible to get you off my mind
I think about a hundred thoughts
And you are ninety nine

But that's not a problem anymore.

Because Phil's heart belongs to Dan.

And Dan's heart is Phil's.

They are happy together. No more useless pinning for each other, no more stealing glances from across the room.

They're finally where they belong.