One

* 。*First Christmas * 。*:

Jiah's death shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone. They all saw it coming, really, but pretending it wasn't gonna happen was just so much easier than expecting death to knock on their door and take her away. She was deteriorating quickly as the days went by, but whenever there was a sudden improvement, be it as insignificant as it may seem, it gave the Min family hope. She was bound to get better at some point, that's what they told themselves.

  But she never really did.

  Sadly, Jiah, being only 16 years old, passed away a few weeks before Christmas.

  There were no last words, no one to hear her out. Still, even if she had attempted to cry out for help, it would've been useless. The coughing fit that came right before her weak heart stopped would have held her back from saying anything.

  There wouldn't have been anything left to do for her anyways. It was better to find her corpse lying in bed that morning than helplessly stand by to watch the light fade away from her brown doe eyes with the feeling of being impotent settling in your stomach.

  No one could've possibly began to imagine Jiah was dead when her corpse was found. The previous night, her mother had put her to bed and stayed up to look after her ill daughter until her eyes started giving up on her, so she trudged over to her own room and slid under the sheets of her warm bed. It wasn't but hours later, around seven or eight in the morning, that her younger brother, Yoongi, walked into her room to wake her up that the family had noticed their only daughter's passing.

  She looked like she was sleeping, Yoongi thought to himself that day. Her cheeks had lost heir usual peachy color, and she was not drooling with her mouth opened like she usually did whenever she was asleep.

  But she looked so peaceful.

  The porcelain doll that she always carried around and looked after so dearly was lying on the floor, its face now bearing a crack that went from its lips to the half of his cheek. This, of course, seemed somewhat odd to Yoongi, for he knew that his sister would never jettison this doll, she would never treat it as anything less than a precious, delicate baby.

  With a frown on his face, Yoongi made his way over to Jiah's bed and picked up the doll from the floor to place it in his sister's arms. When she made no effort to keep it in place, Yoongi took it back into his hands and frowned again.

  He whispered, but she did not wake up. He spoke a little louder, but she did not wake up. He tried to shake her awake to no avail, and only then did Yoongi notice something was wrong.

  With a shrill scream, he called out to his parents, who came running to him. "S-she's not waking up," Yoongi had mumbled, his voice barely audible.

  Even when Yoongi's parents tried to wake her up, there was no response.

  And that was when they knew they had lost her.

  Mrs. Min had dropped to her knees and started to wail, while her husband could only shake his head in disbelief while he looked at her daughter with empty eyes. Yoongi decided he couldn't even be in the same room as them. It was too much to look bear.

  How could she be dead? She had been laughing and smiling and carrying around her doll just the other morning.

  How long had she been dead for? Had her lifeless body just laid there, tucked under the sheets for hours without anyone noticing? The thought had somehow made the situation even more unsettling than it already was, a heavy atmosphere heavily present in the air.