10|| Sounds 'bout boring

Start from the beginning

"Weren't you just skating with Macy?"

"Y-yes-"

"So?"

"I just don't want to anymore."

"You don't want to or you don't want to with me."

"Both." I answered before even realizing I did and I clapped one hand over my mouth.

His features darkened and his voice sounded as far as nice as it could be. "What is so wrong with me?"

The air didn't seem to reach my lungs. I looked pass his shoulder, to the house, but nobody was coming out.

"It's...You..." my mouth dried, unable to pronounce a thing. "You-"

"What?" he snaped harshy and I finally found my voice.

"You're mean to me, Brett! All the time. So it's fair if I don't wanna play with you."

"No... I'm not." he frowned he looked at me like I''d become crazy. "It's you who never want do anything anymore."

"Because you're mean!"

"I'm not!" he insisted stomping one foot to the ground. "Stop being so difficult..."

"Then leave me alone!" I breathed raggedly, the words hurting but I forced them out. I was tired of always been nervous about what he would do or say, wondering if he would act nice or mean... I miss us just being ourselves but I couldn't see a way we could just go back to that. "I don't want to be your friend anymore."

"What? B-but why?" there was a hidden hint of something I couldn't point in his tone, but already done with the situation I shook my head.

"I've told you."

"But-"

"No." I thought pulling my force on that word would made my decision more definitive, but it didn't. It did quite the opposite. Brett's face fell, now actually furious and I shivered. Well done, Alyson.

And then he did the unthinkable: he pushed me.

Usually this push would only had me taking a step back, but I had wheels on my shoes and it actually sent me rolling away. Completely taken aback by his gesture I squealed and lost my balance feeling the world bent. It all happened too fast, my back hit the yard's wall and bounced forward forcefully. My arms had flied around me trying to steady myself, but one of them got caught in a bad angle between my body and the ground, immediately followed by an awful crack.

The first second shock numb me, the whole world seemed to hold its breath as the scene repeated in my head  all over again, pinching my heart; but as soon as that first moment was over a lacerating pain exploded, so badly that I got blinded by it. I couldn't breath. I couldn't think. I just rolled over my back; holding the burning arm to my chest trembling helplessly, struggling to unlaced my clenched lungs and gasping forcefully as thick warmth tears poured. Horror filled me when my good hand traced the weird bend my arm was making. Something broke in me and I finally was able to breath, immediately before a piercing scream broke free, but the paint only increase.

My arm.

It was broken.

That scared me. I had never felt anything that painful, and it kept escalating none stop. I was a chill child, I had never been seriously injured. Paper cut must had been my top danger experience so far. But now... I sobbed even louder but the pounding ache grew worst. It hurted just so freaking damn much that got me panting on the ground.