chapter 5: creative ways to add in your character's physical descriptions

let's face it, the most common ways of describing your character's have long been stereotyped as cliché.
so, let's get creative with when and how you can drop those character profiles without seeming concieted or boring to the reader.

1. When your main character first meets someone that they're attracted to, their thought might go to the positives and negatives of the person's physique

2. When your character is in a situation where they feel judged (especially when in a new environment or meeting new unfamiliar people)

3. When your character is dressed up in a costume that is unlike their fashion sense. They could take the opportunity to contrast the new outfit to what they would normally dress.

4. When your character meets a family member they've never seen before, they may think about the similar traits they share.

5. Try spacing out the physical descriptions throughout the first part of your story, instead of concentrating it in one place.

6. When your character interacts with people of a different social class, whether a higher or lower social class, he or she may take this opportunity to contrast their differing physical attributes, in dressing and appearance.