Dinner Date

By Lindsey Scannell-Propper and Molly Anne Brewer

New York City - August 1975

Molly slides over the vinyl seat of the horseshoe-shaped booth, crossing her legs under the table as Edward glides in beside her. "What do they have here that's good?" she asks as she gives the menu a quick perusal.

Slipping his hand underneath the table he gives a gentle squeeze to her thigh. "I've always been partial to the burger and fries."

"Hm. Well, I think I'll have the fries, a salad aaaaand a cherry coke." Molly tosses her menu to the edge of the table and plays with the collar of Edward's dark, button-down shirt. "You look so handsome, Papa Bear."

Chuckling the man turns towards his wife, giving her a soft growl. "And you look absolutely gorgeous, Goldilocks. Good enough to eat."

"Aw. Thank you." She blushes a little and moves forward, resting her breast against his arm and lifting her hand to brush a lock of hair from his forehead. He rubs his arm back against her, winking before turning his attention to the approaching waiter.

"Ma'am. Sir. What can I get for ya tonight?"

Molly watches Edward's profile as he smiles and cordially recites their orders, weaving in a few blue one-liners that soon have the three of them roaring with laughter. The young waiter leaves, wiping his eyes, and Molly slips her arm around her husband, nudging it between him and the padded, upright back of the booth. "You're an absolute riot, Honey," she says with an adoring smile. Dimples furrow his cheeks and the corners of his eyes crinkle as he winks at her.

"I can't help it, sweet cheeks."

She kisses one of his dimples and curves her arm under his suit jacket, gliding her fingers up his back. She rubs over the material of his shirt in a long, slow oval before stopping short. "Oh damn. I forgot something," she says.

A quizzical expression crosses Edward's face. "What'd you forget? I've got my wallet and keys. You've got your purse."

Her eyes catch the light in their dim corner of the restaurant, causing her gaze to spark and twinkle. She wiggles her finger at him so he comes in closer, near enough for her to speak soft and quiet in his ear.

"I forgot my panties."

Edward runs his hand further up her thigh, another soft growl rumbling in his chest. "Mmmm. I think I can work with that."

Her mouth opens in a little gasp and she eyes their surroundings. The restaurant is fairly busy but their booth is isolated and dark, far out of the view of prying eyes. She curves toward him and slips her hand down the back of his pants squeezing what she can grab of his cheek. "Of course you can, you're wonderful like that."

"But, we haven't even had dinner yet." His hand slips under the hem of her skirt and Edward's long fingers tickle the inside of her thigh. Molly slides her arm from behind him, moving his suit jacket to the side to get an unobstructed view of his lap.

"Looks to me like Eddie Junior is on board for an appetizer."

"He's always on board when it comes to you." Edward licks his lips, leaving the tip of his tongue peeking out from the corner of his mouth.

"Mmmm...that's good, because the two of you are driving me crazy." Molly moves in, wrapping her lips in a soft touch around the tip of his tongue as she grazes one finger up the inside of his thigh. The muscles in his leg ripple beneath the fabric of his pants, twitching at her touch.

"We could say the same thing about you," he says.

Molly keeps her face in close and plays her tongue across her teeth. "Look what I'm wearing." She hooks her finger into the square neckline of her black dress and pulls, giving Edward a free, high-angled view of her black lace bra and the long, silver chain holding his dog tags. The necklace lies slack over her pale skin with the two embossed, rectangular pieces of metal nestling comfortably between her breasts.