His Betted Girlfriend: Prologue

Hey, this is my new story, so check it out. (: Vote, comment and fan! Enjoy~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Alison Taylor used to be a fun, 16 year old outgoing girl with numerous friends and the envy of all girls. She had beautiful green eyes that stand out on her fair skin, and long, soft brown hair. She was skinny as a model, pretty, and the entertainment of all boys. She smiled often, a lot, and her smile was what everyone said was her best feature.

Her life, to her, was just perfect. Her grades were outstanding, everyone loved her, and she was a singer and an actress. She was also class president. Everyone respected her and loved her. Alison was perfect fine with her life, and she thought nothing could go wrong.

That was true. At least, it was until the accident happened.

*Flashback 3 months ago*

Alison took one last glance in the mirror, checking out her new dress. It was black, silk and strapless, and it came just about her thighs and it hugged her curves. She twirled around again, admiring how the dress slightly flared out. She smiled to herself. Guess I chose the right dress for my next night out, she thought, satisfied.

The doorbell rang, and a tune of her favorite song reached her ears. Alison remembered that her parents weren't home tonight. They were at a meeting, and they left together since they work at the same place. Her parents were both famous and rich lawyers, and all their money added up resulted in the conclusion that Alison's family were millionaires. Also, Alison had no siblings, so she's going have to open the door herself.

Who would be here at 10:00 pm? She wondered, checking the clock. One of my friends? My parents ending the meeting early?

She had no time to change, so she pulled on a jacket and her cell phone, just incase it was one of her friends that wanted to go out with her and head downstairs swiftly.

" Coming!" She called, unsure if the visitor would hear her.

She opened the door and found Leslie, one of the losers (no offence) that always followed her.

You see, Alison's "friends" were divided into three sections. The ones that were loyal to her, the ones had hung out with her just because she was popular, and the wannabes that followed her. And Leslie was strictly in the third category.

Alison stepped out warily, and smiled hesitantly at the unexpected visitor.

" Hey Leslie. What are you doing here? Can I help you?"

Leslie grinned. That's when Alison saw the firecrackers in that she gripped in one hand, and a lighter in the other. Sh*t, she thought. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Leslie waved her chubby arms around in the air excitedly, smiling widely, showing off her braces. Her frizzy and curly red hair flew around in the air, as if she's just been running for hours.

"Alison! Happy Birthday!" She yelled. "Surprise!"

"But it's not my birthday today!" Alison corrected her, yelling back.

Leslie just grinned stupidly and light up the lighter, positioning it under the firecrackers.

" Some people are sleeping, Leslie! And NOT ON MY LAWN IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE! ARE YOU CRAZY?" Alison screamed.

However, Leslie didn't stop.

" No need to be modest!" She yelled back.

Worse, Alison noticed that the firecrackers were tilted at the wrong angle.

" No!" She screamed, just before the firecrackers went off.

What happened was that Leslie, being so idiotic and dumb in the brain, had stragitcally aimed the firecrackers in Alison's direction, thinking that she could see it better that way.

Leslie had the chance to cover her eyes before it was too late. Alison didn't.

Fortunately, thanks to her gigantic lawn, the mini firecrackers went off before it exploded against Alison's face. Unfortunately, it was close enough to make Alison scream and cover her eyes. She gripped her cell phone, and then dropped it. Covering her eyes, Alison wailed and collapsed to the ground.

No one noticed what happened. No one noticed the scattered fireworks on the ground. No one noticed when Leslie slipped away, horrified, scared and guilty. And No one noticed when Alison accidentayl pressed a button on her cell phone before dropping it to the ground.

Alison's POV

I vaguely remember all the people surrounding me, ambulances, fire trucks, and police cars with the sirens on. Then I remembered being lifted up on to something that rolled.

And the next thing I knew I found myself in a bed. Or what felt like a bed.

I sat up and tried opening my eyes, but I couldn't see anything. I tried again, but nothing happened. Maybe the lights are turned off, I thought. 5 minutes passed, and I was starting to get worried, questions flying through my head. Where was I? Why is it so dark? What time is it? Why am I here?

I reached up to rub my eyes, then stopped. Wait, I though. How come I can't feel myslef touching my eye? I tried again, reaching up to press my fingertips lightly over my eye. Still, I didn't feel anything. I started panicking.

Then the dawned on me. I remembered what happened. I remember the fireworks. I remembered trying to cry but I couldn't. I remembered the next door neighbour's son, Brendon, carrying me to the the ambulance. I remembered Leslie.

Now, If you put one and one together, you get two, which was what I did. And with a shocking jolt, I realized that the two that I got- means I was now blind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks 4 reading! Remember, Vote, comment and Fan!