Chapter 16

"I don't like the idea of him being tied down," Tony protested to Bruce. They had fastened Dark Spider's arms and legs to the bed - knowing that there was a chance he would still continue to attack them on sight.

"It's the only way, Tones," the doctor replied. He too did not like the plan of keeping the boy under restraints: but they had no choice.

As they continued to discuss, Dark Spider began to stir, tugging at the cuffs around his limbs, as he did. He only stopped when he realised that both Tony and Bruce were also in the room.

"Hey, kiddo, Pete. It's okay. You're back home," Tony reassured the small boy, but it didn't end well. The Dark Spider continued to glare at him, soullessly.

"I don't know who this Peter is, but this isn't my home."

Tony felt a tug at his chest, as if someone was trying to suffocate him. No... they weren't trying, they were succeeding.

"Do you know we are?" Tony asked, hoping with all his heart that the boy, who used to be his son, still remembered him.

"You're Tony Stark, he's Doctor Bruce Banner. Both known enemies of Hydra," he replied effortlessly, as if the words had been drilled into him.

"I'm also your father."

Dark Spider just shook his head, closing his eyes - as pain shot through his body. He tossed and turned, unable to move properly due to the restraints.

"Bruce, what are you doing to him? What's wrong?" Tony panicked, his heart racing, as he watched his son squirm in pain.

Bruce checked the monitor, which was beside Dark Spider's bed, looking puzzled by the boy's vitals. His heartbeat was at 230; that was dangerously high, "This isn't me."

Eventually the Dark Spider lay there, panting: catching his breath. He noticed the concerned looks on both the elder men, "It's Hydra. They put something in my blood, something they can control."

"And you still trust them more than us?" Tony queried.

The boy nodded his head, "They're all I've ever known."

"How much time can you remember with them?"

Dark Spider lay there, pondering the question - clearly distressed at the answer. He kept looking around the room, shakily, probably wishing he was anywhere but there.

"Only since before I fought you," he answered, after a good amount of time.

The scientists glanced at one another, realising what had happened.

"Fri," Tony said, addressing the AI, "Tell Steve to get in here... and to bring his friend."

* * *

Steve and his friend strolled into the room, both slightly confused as to why they were there. However once Bruce had explained the situation, they seemed happy to help.

Steve's friend went first,"Hey, Pete-"

"My name's not Peter," Dark Spider interrupted.

The man took a deep breath, "Okay, then what is it?"

"Dark Spider. That's what they called me."

He just nodded his head, understanding what the kid was going through, "My name's Bucky."

"What kind of name is Bucky?" Dark Spider said with a smirk.

"Well my real name is James Buchanan Barnes, but Steve over here thought I deserved something better," Bucky replied, jokingly shoving his best friend - when his name was mentioned.

"I guess it kinda suits you," reasoned Dark Spider.

Bucky smiled, "Dark Spider, on the other hand, doesn't seem to suit you."

Dark Spider let his vision drift to the floor, ashamed that he agreed with the metal-armed man. Bucky turned to face his colleagues, signalling for them to go out of the room... they did.

"I used to go by a different name too, The Winter Soldier. Hydra turned me into a weapon, they brainwashed me, forced me to do things I hated. But every time I escaped, or even just remembered the slightest detail about my old life - they wiped my mind once more."

Bucky stopped, a fluttery sensation in his stomach. He didn't usually share his past with people, let alone people who claimed to work for Hydra. But back when the kid was Peter, and not this Dark Spider, he had grown to love him.

Dark Spider started to stutter, "Y-you think th-they wiped my me-memory?"

The long haired man nodded, not wanting to let the words come out of his mouth. He knew how hard it had been for him, after Hydra, after getting his memories back.

"Will I ever get them back, Bucky?" The small boy asked, his eyes wide.

"I got mine back, Peter, we just need to jog your memory... with something."

* * *

The team searched around the compound for anything that might help Dark Spider / Peter remember.

Eventually Tony came across a photo, one of May, Ben and Peter. And as soon as he had it in his hands, he ran back to Bucky and the Dark Spider.

"Pete, kiddo, here," Tony handed him the photo, "Do you remember anything?"

The Dark Spider kept squinting his eyes, blinking repeatedly until a look of realisation appeared on his face.

"May? Ben?," he whispered hesitantly, looking at Tony for approval.

The older man nodded his head.

"Dad?"

Tony's face lit up, and he embraced his son with a hug, "I missed you kiddo."

"I missed you too, Dad."

* * *

From that day on, Peter remained Tony's son - and as Spider-Man. He became homeschooled, even though he didn't really need the education; he was already super smart.

Everything was going fine, up until the point when a estranged wizard-guy appeared through a portal, inside the tower.

He spoke news of a man, from outer space, who wished to make half of the universe disappear with the click of his fingers.

Snap...

Only joking. Or was I?

* * *

A/N: So I think I'm ending the story here. Thanks so much for the amount of love this has received. I am, as I said previously, working on another project. That will be revealed soon.

Any Requests For Upcoming Stories?