Chapter 8

"And where exactly have you four been for the last three days?"

Tony's voice echoed angrily throughout the Tower, he sounded ready to kill them.

"Peter, I was so worried about you," fretted Tony, with a noticeable stammer.

Peter didn't know what to say. He hadn't asked to go DisneyWorld - but Nat had offered, and he wasn't going to say no to the Black Widow, was he?

"Tony," Nat started but Tony didn't let her finish her sentence. He glared at her, sending her, Clint and Steve out of the room.

Peter put down his bag, letting it thud against the marble floor. "I'm sorry, Mr Stark."

Tony didn't even correct him. He just let Peter call him 'Mr Stark'.

"No. Sorry doesn't cut it. You're meant to call me if you leave the Tower, let alone leave the State."

Peter had a tear running down his cheek, and he was shaking. "But..."

"No buts," Tony interrupted. "You had your phone, didn't you?"

"I did," Peter stammered.

"Then why didn't you just leave a text? Why didn't you call me?" Tony snapped, taking a step towards the cowering teen.

Peter stood there, shivering in fear - he hadn't seen his dad like this, ever.

"I'm not angry with you Peter, I'm just disappointed."

But Tony did sound angry; he sounded extremely angry. And when he told Peter to go to his room, Peter went willingly: he'd rather be anywhere then with him.

* * *

Peter sat on his bed - staring at the broken remains of his Avengers Lego sets. He had thrown them to the floor, at least if he got bored he would then have something to do.

Why did his dad get so angry from them going to Florida? Sure, they had been 'missing' for three days, but acting like this was just plain overreacting. And yes, he was meant to go back to school on Tuesday, but it's not like he ever learnt anything.

His door opened, and he glimpsed Tony standing outside his room.

"Hey, kiddo, sorry for going a little hard on you out there. I was just... scared."

Peter didn't bother looking at him, he was fed up with being treated like a little kid. First the baby monitor protocol, and now all of this helicopter parenting. He hated it.

"Kid, you know that I only do what I do because I care about you, right," Tony asked, trying to comfort his son.

"I'm sorry I didn't message you, Dad. I just didn't want to go back to school."

The words trickled out of his mouth, and he couldn't stop them from coming. Eventually, he had told Tony about everything: about Flash bullying him; calling him names, making fun of his dead relatives, physically hurting him. And he wish he didn't. He really couldn't deal with a worried Tony Stark.

"Petey," he whispered, as he sat down beside him, "Why didn't you just tell me this?"

"Because I'm meant to be strong. Spider-Man is strong... but Peter Parker isn't, he's the weakest person at school."

Tony watched as more tears flooded Peter's eyes - he couldn't bare to see his son in pain: whether it be emotional or physical.

"Kid, you realise you could of told me this. We could have sorted this out."

"I know," Peter admitted, leaning against his dad, "I just didn't want to."

For the next hour, the pair sat there - hugging each other. Tony knew that Peter would have to go to school tomorrow, despite what he had just been told. However, he had to do something to brighten up Peter's week.

And yes... he did remember that the kid had already been to Florida. 

Tony had a great idea, he'd have to sort it out with Principle Morita, but he was sure it would pass. He was Tony Stark after all... he was Iron Man.

* * *

"Get up, sleepyhead," Tony jokingly ordered. He pulled the covers off of Peter, leaving the teen shivering on his bed.

"D-a-a-a-d," grumbled Peter, who was actually a little excited to go back to school: he could finally see Ned and MJ.

"Breakfast will be ready in ten, so get dressed and get yourself into the kitchen."

Tony left Peter to get ready, shutting the door really loudly.

Peter chose his 'Ah! The Element of Surprise' top, put on a grey hoodie and a red, plaid shirt. Then he grabbed the first pair of jeans he could find.

As he walked into the kitchen, he was greeted by Bruce - who was drinking a cup of herbal tea.

"Morning, Peter!"

"Hi," he replied, as he picked up a piece of toast from the table. He ate it, as he walked back out of the door.

"I'm ready," Peter said, as he sat down in the passenger seat of the white Audi. His dad was already in the driver's seat, and he had put down the roof.

"Okay, Spiderling, let's get you to Midtown."

They drove at full speed all the way to Peter's school. And when Tony parked up, they drew a lot of attention to themselves.

"Bye, Metal Man."

Tony rolled his eyes, "Bye, Underoos."

The white Audi drove off, leaving Peter to walk into school, alone.

* * *

"How much did you pay Tony Stark to drive you to school? Or did he find you begging outside his house, and only offered to take you to shut you up? Well are you going to answer me, Parker?"

Flash pushed Peter into his locker, slamming his head directly into the metal lock.

"Are you?"

Peter could hear ringing in his ears, and his vision started to go crazy. He could see everything, and nothing. Stupid Spidey powers...

"Leave him alone, Flash."

"What's it to you, Leeds. Parker needs his sidekick to come save him?"

Flash stepped away from Peter, a mix of a grin and a scowl on his face: "One day fatty over here won't be able to protect you," he snarled, walking away afterwards.

"Peter, why didn't you tell me you were coming back?"

"I... I forgot. A lot happened, and I just didn't think to."

"That's okay, but it's been like over two weeks. I do get worried for you. And for, " he lowered his voice, "The Spidey Guy."

Peter and Ned did their secret handshake, "I'm fine, Ned, okay? I'll explain what happened to you during Physics."

* * *

Remember: FanFic Logic... also thanks for reading. There's gonna be some field trip chapters coming up soon, so look forward to that. Also thanks for 200 reads in less than a week, this is amazing. Any feedback would be appreciated and byyyyeeee!